Reporting: Loads in Envoy / Upgrade clearing reports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:00 pm

1. FCO-PHL 1/24
2. CP + companion
3. Q
4. 3 days but had to call
5. DMUTA5 + companion portion
6. about 15 seats open. They closed the back Envoy section and made it a FA lounge.
7. Had to call at 3 days even thought there were 26 open seats. I was the only one on the waitlist at that point.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by mileshound
1. FCO-PHL 1/24
4. 3 days but had to call
7. Had to call at 3 days even thought there were 26 open seats. I was the only one on the waitlist at that point.
Did they call Inventory Management for you (who, in turn, released seats)? Although I'm glad that you were able to get confirmed before the airport, if so, US's inconsistency about this policy (of calling IM for CP's) is very frustrating. I had a flight this past summer on which I (a US1) was waitlisted with a companion (a US2) for the return (outbound cleared at 5 days before, automatically). I called at the 3 day mark and they refused to call IM for me to check about releasing seats (with over 12 still for sale in Envoy). This eventually escalated to a supervisor who was insistent that it was their policy to NEVER call IM, even for CP's, to release waitlisted Envoy seats.

So, when I got to the airport, there were still over 12 available up front, I saw the paper report at the check-in counter where they had a list of everyone that had been waitlisted for the upgrade and I was the only CP on the list. So, if I'm the only CP, they have over a dozen seats, etc. etc. why not give the upgrade up at the 3-day mark (as they obviously didn't sell any seats in this instance between the 3 days and the airport) rather than making me get up early, rush to the airport and then have to dance at the gate for it??? I miss the days when you called at 3 days and (at least in my experience) they never refused to give up the upgrade then and there on the phone. You ended up with the SAME EXACT RESULT (of getting the upgrade) but it was so much more customer service oriented of not forcing your top fliers to play the airport gate dance game.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:11 pm

It was a challenge to call at the 3 day window. I called the Europe # on my CP card I got in 2/05 and the # was not working. I even had the front desk try it for me. They said the message was that it was disconnected.

Anyways, I paid to call the US to call US CP 800 # but my phone did not do touch tone. I think I got regular reservations and I asked to get transferred to International or the CP liason. the person ended up answering the phone saying "rate desk".

He said he could help me, put me on hold then told me I was upgraded and was the only one on the wait list. I assume he called IM. With 26 seats open, and being the only one on the list, I don't know why it didn't automatically clear.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
DSC0087's and PHL-FCO Loads

Originally Posted by Kendall
So the expired DS0087's are good until May, or not?
Kendall
Any word on these or recent PHL-FCO/FRA-CLT loads?

Alphaguy
Old Feb 2, 2006, 12:53 am

Programs: DL UA
CLT to FRA was packed last Saturday. I was on a W fare. I am CP and I had an expired Transatlantic Space Available coupon. The gate agent in Charlotte put me on the list anyway ( he didn't even look at the coupon). Unforunately there were 2 open Envoy seats and I was the 3rd CP . There were only about 5 open seats in coach. The gate agent did put me in a 2 seat side and blocked the seat next to me so I had essentially 2 seats. I return Friday and the CP desk wouldn't put me on the list " non upgradeable fare ma'am". They said there are 50 open seats in coach so I don't think that I will get an op-up.
Bummer, the flight from FRA to CLT takes FOREVER.
I will be flying to Europe every other month so I might be just going with SAS. Their coach product is much nicer, free booze and free headphones that don't break!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: Ex-US GP
Hmm. I wonder if njvj was trying to use a DS0087 or the DMUTA5.
The DS0087 could be used for ANY fare class.
Kendall
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:26 pm

PHL to LGW 1/26
Upgraded at time of Booking Along With Companion
Envoy-75% filled
Coach-75% filled
Row 1
CP TA Coupon
Note: Everything worked and excellent service. Although the Chili Filet Mignon was not the greatest (unusual recipe), but presentation good. Still wish they'd bring back silverware. Cutting a filet with a plastic knife and fork doesn't cut it. Had nice chat with former PSA attendant. Wine flowed.

LGW to PHL 1/30
Ugraded sometime between 1/26 and 1/30--Upgrade had already cleared at check in
Row 3
Envoy-50% filled
Coach-50% filled
CP TA Coupon
Note: Had to be moved from assigned seats, since no power to seats. Service reminded me of UA. Adequate, nothing special. Food okay. Drinks flowed.

Last edited by abeflyer; Feb 2, 2006 at 2:28 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL UA
They were DS00086 I believe. I will check. They didn't work on the way home either :0
Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:30 am

Unhappy Anyone try get DSC0087's to work?

I called and tried to meal list..
Imentioned they were still taking them through May......

Unfortunately, got a call back (and please note the woman was very nice and called the CP and International Desk) and was forced to unlist me.

Anyone know?

Are DSC0089's real?
Did anyone get written confirmation that the DSC0087's still accepted?

Thanks.

Additional Info Added Above.
------
More specifically any luck with the DSC0087's this year?

People are saying they got some DSC0089's, but haven't heard much.

Anyone on the PHL-FCO flights lately?

Alphaguy

Originally Posted by njvj
They were DS00086 I believe. I will check. They didn't work on the way home either :0

Last edited by Alphaguy; Feb 9, 2006 at 1:02 pm Reason: Updated Info
Old Feb 20, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: US GP, NW PP
1. PHL-MAN (Feb 19th)
2. US GP
3. sorry cant remember the category at the moment
4. Cleared 1 hr 15 minutes prior to boarding
5. DS0087
6. The TA indicated that there were 18 open seats when I initially checked in, by the time we were airborne it appeared as if there were about 10 unoccupied.
7. I was very fortunate, I'd purchased this leg and the return last year. I called on numerous occassions before years end to see if based on that fact they would allow me to use to expired vouchers. I asked US to note my flight record and I even got them to fax me a copy of the record so when I got to the airport I wouldnt be given a hard time. All in all I consider myself fortunate! And appreciate US' willingness to honor the vouchers!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 5:36 pm

There was some talk ealier in this thread that USAirway may allow use of the DS0087 certificates untill May. Does anybody know if this is the case?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:03 pm

They let me use two on PHL-FCO on Feb 14th...

Perhaps the City of Brotherly Love was feeling generous on VDAY

I wouldn't say they are going to say yes officially....

Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentTraveler
There was some talk ealier in this thread that USAirway may allow use of the DS0087 certificates untill May. Does anybody know if this is the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.