Wiki Posts
Search

Disconcerting Website Experience Earlier Today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM Lifetime PLT, Hyatt LT Diamond, Marriott LT PLT, Hertz PC
Disconcerting Website Experience Earlier Today

In using the website to book four different itineraries early this afternoon, I received a "no service available between these cities" response -- and I was trying to book BDL/CLE, BDL/SDF, BDL/IND and BDL/CVG. Anyone else have a similar experience? I put off finding alternate carriers until just now (didn't have time earlier to research options) and, before starting to do so, gave the website one more crack, and voila -- All city pairs now show multiple flights! I'm relieved for a variety of reasons, but wonder just how widespread this apparent glitch was.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:47 pm

Programs: *wood Gold; US Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Scottie
In using the website to book four different itineraries early this afternoon, I received a "no service available between these cities" response -- and I was trying to book BDL/CLE, BDL/SDF, BDL/IND and BDL/CVG. Anyone else have a similar experience? I put off finding alternate carriers until just now (didn't have time earlier to research options) and, before starting to do so, gave the website one more crack, and voila -- All city pairs now show multiple flights! I'm relieved for a variety of reasons, but wonder just how widespread this apparent glitch was.
Welcome to FT!

What website were you using?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:57 pm

Did you really have to ask which website?

By now those of us who attempt to regularly use usairways.com or should I say play with it...can assume Scottie was talking about the finest website in the industry usairways.com.

Wasn't it said by the 4th quarter of last year a new website would be up and running. But for the 20,000 preferred miles, I'd have given up and used Orbitz like I did before the promotion. Gee, I forgot, I've booked five RT this year. As soon as the bonus posts I'm off again to Orbitz.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM Lifetime PLT, Hyatt LT Diamond, Marriott LT PLT, Hertz PC
Thanks -- Another long-time lurker who finally got off the sidelines.

It was the US website -- and I did check repeatedly to make sure I hadn't entered the wrong airport codes. Sad to say that, with all the cutbacks of late, it didn't occur to me that it could be a problem with the US website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.