Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal service in F, morning flight SEA-PHL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Meal service in F, morning flight SEA-PHL?

I just booked a UA First Class award for my father SEA-PHL-PVD on a 7:45am departure. UA's e-mailed confirmation says "no meal service" on the SEA-PHL segment... that can't be true, can it? What have others' experiences been? Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I haven't flown out of SEA in eons, but picking a random date for US 6 (March 14th), the timetables indicate breakfast in first and food for purchase in coach.

That doesn't mean it will be good food, but there will be food in F.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Honestly, I'd rebook the award on a SEA-IAD-PVD routing. You'll be very happy with the SEA-IAD F service, especially if you take the noon flight.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 4:35 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

Its been almost a year since I was on the morning flight, but the meal service use to be good.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:07 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Breakfast is actually the meal I think US does best in First. You should have three choices:

1. cold breakfast of cereal, yougart, fruit salad
2. hot egg breakfast (scrambled, cheese omlette, etc) & fruit salad
3. "carb" breakfast (pancakes, waffles, etc.) & fruit salad

I don't fly out of SEA but often from SFO and sometimes LAX and SAN and I find transcon service on US to be usually quite good, including newer, spacious Airbi with flight-long IFE and in-seat power at every single seat.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I flew PHL-SEA on Monday afternoon and the dinner served was actually an improvement on what had previously been available in F. I am flying SEA-PHL at 8:30 this morning and will let you know what is served.

PS The flight and airport crews have been great!!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Art234
I flew PHL-SEA on Monday afternoon and the dinner served was actually an improvement on what had previously been available in F. I am flying SEA-PHL at 8:30 this morning and will let you know what is served.

PS The flight and airport crews have been great!!
Define dinner improvement? Assuming no change in lackage of linen, plastic cups and silverware though right?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by sts603
Define dinner improvement? Assuming no change in lackage of linen, plastic cups and silverware though right?

I'm sure none of the above have changed. If they did that would be the biggest thread on the US forum!!!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Honestly, I'd rebook the award on a SEA-IAD-PVD routing. You'll be very happy with the SEA-IAD F service, especially if you take the noon flight.
That was the preferred routing, but no award space available SEA-IAD.

Thanks, all, for the responses!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I think US and UA's breakfast food are comparable. Now on US there is no glass, linen or metal silverware, but the food itself is pretty good. I think US does eggs better than UA. US had some really tasty spicey egg and cheese omelette last year that was quite good. ^ But haven't seen them in a while. If they offer a, egg and cheese breakfast biscuit pass at all costs that was really disgusting

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
That was the preferred routing, but no award space available SEA-IAD.

Thanks, all, for the responses!

Last edited by NeoOfTheCRS; Feb 2, 2005 at 8:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.