Search

does US ever fly clean planes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
does US ever fly clean planes?

The last two times I have flown US the planes have been a disgrace.

Today, on BOS-DCA I had an apple core sitting on my seat. Absolutely disgusting.

A week ago on CLT-LGW I had what looked liked spilled pasta on the floor immediately in front of my seat.

Apparently US doesn't have the money to clean the planes.. or am I just unlucky?
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JL Sapphire
Nope. I feel US has the dirtiest fleet of them all. It's been like that for a while now.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:23 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by JetCity
Nope. I feel US has the dirtiest fleet of them all. It's been like that for a while now.
Delta will give US a run for their money in the dirty plane department.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Try a WN flight to/from LAS or MCO. The filth is absolutely mind-blowing.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:12 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
I took an United flight IAD-LAX and first class was filthy. I do not find any airline with super clean planes.

Last edited by planeluvr; Dec 30, 2004 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:15 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Others may find it odd, but I carry a thing of anti-bacterial wet wipes and a thing of hand sanitizer with me and always use it prior to eating on the airplane. Many cockpit crew members even wipe down the control surfaces when they board aircraft. If I use the tray table, I wipe off the tray with a wet-wipe, because the last thing I want is to try to pick up a legal pad or something and have it stick.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:17 pm

Programs: US-Chairman, Hyatt_Diamond
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
The last two times I have flown US the planes have been a disgrace.

Today, on BOS-DCA I had an apple core sitting on my seat. Absolutely disgusting.

A week ago on CLT-LGW I had what looked liked spilled pasta on the floor immediately in front of my seat.

Apparently US doesn't have the money to clean the planes.. or am I just unlucky?
I too like to fly on a clean plane. However, I am not sure it is reasonable to expect a clean USAirways plane.

It is well know that USAirways plans to outsource all cleaning - like most business do. It would not be good business to replace vacancies. Also the existing cleaners are aware their time is numbered - so it can be expected that they would do the limited amount.

I am looking forward to the time when USAirways can get beyond this.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Another perspective...

Someone thinks otherwise.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:29 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Yes US is dirty......but all airlines have similar issues. US is more noticeable because the cabins are a light grey interior......which shows the dirt!
Old Dec 31, 2004, 11:25 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
I've flown US and B6 often and both have grey interiors...B6 more leather but they dont have ink marks everywhere on the seats. Sure the planes are only a few years old, but IMHO US's fleet is dirty. I've never had a scene like that on B6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.