JetBlue?

Old Dec 29, 04, 2:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Prem, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bowdenj
I have a question about IND and Republic Airways/Chautauqua Airlines - If US is gone can Chautauqua continues their regional flights (i.e. IND - LGA) as an independent carrier??

routes: http://www.rjet.com/Destinations.asp#

ABSOLUTELY! Chautauqua also has a contract with DL for commuter work. They're a lot like Skywest in that respect. Skywest handles both UA and DL. Ch handles both DL and US. So it wouldn't be unheard of for it to continue and contract either more with DL or with another carrier.
Old Dec 29, 04, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by LAX
US does have some profitable routes, so I agree with the cherry-picking. PHL will definitely lose its hub status when (not if) US liquidates. However, I think PHL can become a profitable hub if managed properly (even with SWA) since it's 1 of 5 biggest cities in USA. The greater metropolitan Philly area extends far beyond its city borders with potential for numerous passengers. As for its proximity to NYC, many people don't want the hassle of NYC traffic, not to mention the tolls for bridges/tunnels and sky high parking rates (except for EWR). Since I am currently based in PHL, I certainly hope US can survive. However, with so much negative publicity almost on a monthly basis (at least it seems like it), US is most likely history.

LAX
Well, forget about when or if US goes under--are PHL area travelers that are fed up with either US or PHL airport deserting to use EWR or BWI now..?
Old Dec 29, 04, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Service will almost certainly keep on going to the EAS cities (hence the word "essential"), but the flights may end up coming from a different city. So if there's an EAS route of out PIT and that regional signs up with Delta, then the EAS service may end up being from CVG (or maybe even CMH) instead.
Old Dec 29, 04, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
ABSOLUTELY! Chautauqua also has a contract with DL for commuter work. They're a lot like Skywest in that respect. Skywest handles both UA and DL. Ch handles both DL and US. So it wouldn't be unheard of for it to continue and contract either more with DL or with another carrier.
I think that an airline like Chautauqua that works with both US and other carriers (in this case AA, UA, and DL!!) is in great shape for these kind of routes. I would imagine that AA would be willing to let them keep flying IND-LGA and IND-BOS under the AA umbrella.