Community
Wiki Posts
Search

January GoFares/20K Bonus Run

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jetsetter

Which brings me to the question, is there a screen where you can easily see the PHL Go Fares cities? The data used to be on the home page when they had the 3x miles offer, but no more. Also the Go Fares don't have a "go fares" fare basis code which might be nice.
PHL GoFares
Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Originally Posted by jhpark
I'm considering doing a couple round trips on the 8th. Are there any plans for dinner in the evening? I might be up for joining up with some folks for that
I'll be hanging out in PHL from my arrival at 5p until my 8p flight back the BDL - I was hoping for a meetup then. It's a little early but anyone care to pick a place or time??
Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by steves
I'll be hanging out in PHL from my arrival at 5p until my 8p flight back the BDL - I was hoping for a meetup then. It's a little early but anyone care to pick a place or time??
I'm in the same boat... we get in about 4:40 and my return to CAK is at 8:55. There's always TGI Friday's near the food court between B and C.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 3:12 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Availability Looks Full Fri Jan 7 - Promising Fri Jan 21

I was playing around some more with the pricing engine, and it is looking quite difficult to get on these flights.

But the same run looks very doable on Fri Jan 21....I ran through pricing all three roundtrips as noted in post 1 on 1/21, and they all price out at the lowest published fares.

I'm going through the stage now of that "should I really do this," I had them all priced out in separate browser windows, but I guess I should. It after all is a good amount of miles for a few days work. Still have not checked out posibilities for Sat Jan 22, but I imagine Fri would be the busier day.

So maybe they will just get waives of people doing this week after week, and soon enough it will seem "normal."

I should just book it right now since I have all the notes on little slips of paper.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
I'm in the same boat... we get in about 4:40 and my return to CAK is at 8:55. There's always TGI Friday's near the food court between B and C.
Or, if locals want to join us for dinner, we could eat at the restaurant at the airport Mariott.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 3:31 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
What's the schedule on 1/8? I will have completed a MR on DL from JFK-FLL R/T on the 6th, and would like to start on status for US for '06 (another union ratified a contract today - keeping fingers crossed). As I am new to FT, I would love to meet fellow FTers at PHL for dinner, along w/ a MR.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by photog72
What's the schedule on 1/8? I will have completed a MR on DL from JFK-FLL R/T on the 6th, and would like to start on status for US for '06 (another union ratified a contract today - keeping fingers crossed). As I am new to FT, I would love to meet fellow FTers at PHL for dinner, along w/ a MR.
See the first post in this thread for the schedule that jimcfsus & I are doing. steves is doing the first set of flights with us that morning and then doing a different set that afternoon.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 3:42 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Thumbs up

I'm going to check my work schedule tomorrow (I usually work weekends ), and if it allows, join you all on the 1/8 flights. Looks like it may work out. I need two more purchases to get the full 20K preferred bonus.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Availability for 1/7 and 1/8 as of now.

Refer to post #1 of this thread for flight info.

For Friday... RDU AM run is still avail, PVD is sold out (AM run available for Sat 1/8 though), BDL run sold out on our flights (you could do a late AM/early PM run however).

For Saturday... RDU AM run still avail (and for those who want to go later, you could do a 9:30A departure or a 1:30 P departure too), MHT run still avail (in fact, 8:10, 10:25, 1:05 or 3:45 PHL departures give nice tight runs to MHT that day).

So, in summary, if you want to join our two flights on Saturday, they are available. Only flight on Fri available is the AM RDU set. One could set up other flights for Fri.

Even though GoFares Boy isn't going, he wants me to remind you to remember that GoFares are a 14 day advance purchase. If you are going with us on Friday 1/7, you need to book by tomorrow (12/24), and if you are going with us on Saturday 1/8 you need to book by Christmas Day (12/25).
Old Dec 24, 2004, 7:48 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Finding Flights To Get To PHL Origination, Ita Software & UA

If you are still trying to get to PHL to do one of these segment runs, I would recommend:
Plug your cities and dates in to the Ita Software Search. I was able to find lower price availability flying BOS-PHL on UA code-share flights operated by US. Now the code-shares may not quallify for the 20K bonus, but it may save you money getting to PHL. Also here is a direct link to the UA Full Flight Search which allows you to display fare booking code availability for flights. In order to display the available fare codes you must have already:
*Signed up for Mileage Plus, and be registerred on UA.com; and
*Set your profile for advanced or expert user mode. Otherwise it just shows "coach" available, instead of "y9b9m9s9t9" etc. A lot of these inexpensive PHL associated fares seem to require T class.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 8:39 am
Original Poster

If you are still trying to get to PHL to do one of these segment runs, I would recommend:
You could always use a 20K or 40K award to get there. Doing the 5 RT's will net you a min. 36K, so even using a 40K as I did will still break you about even.

I could have just used a 20K, but I would have had to stay that Sat night. I wanted to get back to CAK to make sure GoFares Boy was minding Grandma.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 10:24 am

20K Award, Can Standby Before Sat Night Stay

Just a fyi, and you may already know, but if you book a standard 20K coach domestic award ticket, you can standby on an earlier flight any day including before the required Sat night stay. So basically for going standby, you can negate the Sat night requirement. I don't think this is well publicized but it is true/legit. I want you to net some miles out of the adventure if you can .
Old Dec 24, 2004, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Just a fyi, and you may already know, but if you book a standard 20K coach domestic award ticket, you can standby on an earlier flight any day including before the required Sat night stay. So basically for going standby, you can negate the Sat night requirement. I don't think this is well publicized but it is true/legit. I want you to net some miles out of the adventure if you can .
True... some of us have a good stash built up, though, that we don't care.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Count me in and shell nyc too. We just booked the Saturday PHL-MHT-PHL flights and will join you for your last RT. We will also join in whatever dinner festivities are planned. We're then on the 8pm to BDL where we will overnight and return on Sunday morning and then head PHL-RDU-PHL for our 3rd RT. That's all we are going to book now to allow for weather issues. That will be 4 of 5 RTs for me. Only 1 more to fit in before 2/16 -- darn online booking requirement.....
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Talking

Looks like we'll have 3 CPs and 2 GPs on that PHL-MHT trip. I guess we'll find out just how big the E bucket is, won't we!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.