Community
Wiki Posts
Search

January GoFares/20K Bonus Run

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
We overlap on this one. As I will be CP, who wants to be my "companion" for this route? Do I hear any bidding?
You could take one of us on one and the other on the return. Mr. Wonderful says he can't be greedy and ask for both legs. Then again, on a late Sat afternoon, I can't believe that GP's can't score the upgrade.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
That's right. I computed actual miles, not just preferred. If I understand the T&C you get the bonus as actual or not? Can someone clarify?

This reminds me of the thread long ago where someone asked if we could get T&C's simplified so an 8th grader could read and understand it... I think we've found many people such as I who have graduate degrees can't make heads or tails of these sometimes.

Don't forget your online booking bonus. So you will earn 15K award miles and 25k preferred miles if my math is correct.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by JayBrian
Don't forget your online booking bonus. So you will earn 15K award miles and 25k preferred miles if my math is correct.
Jay -- all of these miles count towards award miles as well

20,000 = bonus preferred miles
5,000 = preferred miles for flights (500 miles per flight)
5,000 = 100% Gold bonus
5,000 = online booking bonus
1,000 = online checkin for the 10 flights

25,000 preferred miles & 36,000 total miles
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
We overlap on this one. As I will be CP, who wants to be my "companion" for this route? Do I hear any bidding?
I'll bid a rum mini and a green lime.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
You could take one of us on one and the other on the return. Mr. Wonderful says he can't be greedy and ask for both legs. Then again, on a late Sat afternoon, I can't believe that GP's can't score the upgrade.
I think Mr. Wonderful says to let me be this CP's companion on both flights as Mr. Wonderful never says to give him the remote only 50% of the time or that he'll cook dinner only 50% of the time. BTW, he was a big hit with my friends tonight, as has been the case, Jim.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Originally Posted by Alysia
I'll bid a rum mini and a green lime.
I'll counter with a couple of Bailey's minis and a dumb dog.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alysia
Jay -- all of these miles count towards award miles as well

20,000 = bonus preferred miles
5,000 = preferred miles for flights (500 miles per flight)
5,000 = 100% Gold bonus
5,000 = online booking bonus
1,000 = online checkin for the 10 flights

25,000 preferred miles & 36,000 total miles
Thanks dear. I forgot about the online bonuses... mainly because I NEVER GET THEM!!!! I wonder how many bonus miles I've been screwed out of??? I may have gotten them once or twice... but not consistently.

For our US lurkers out there... there seems to be a bug in the DM system. I don't get the kiosk or online checkin bonuses all the time! Can the latin connection fix it? Anyone else not get them consistently???

Update: I went back and looked at my statements going back to the summer... only got the Kiosk bonus once, the online bonus a couple of times, and the online booking bonus once. One ticket was bought on UA, so that one won't count. One outbound I flew out of GSO with l4pi, couldn't do an online checkin because he upgraded me, yet I did a kiosk checkin. No bonus, and no online one on the return. Still sounds like a quirk to me... or could it be because I associate with l4pi???

Last edited by jimcfsus; Dec 17, 2004 at 11:50 pm Reason: added update
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:50 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This might be the "names don't match" bug. Is your DM account name "James" and your online booking name "Jim"???
Old Dec 18, 2004, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomBascom
This might be the "names don't match" bug. Is your DM account name "James" and your online booking name "Jim"???
I think I fixed that one. I was afraid TSA would get me as BP name wouldn't match my WV license.

I decided to fire an email to DM and have them look at my account to see if they can give me a reason. Can't hurt to ask why.

Last edited by jimcfsus; Dec 18, 2004 at 2:06 pm Reason: added info
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:23 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Seems like you're leaving off the online booking bonsues (5 x 1,000 miles) and online check-in bonuses (10 x 100 miles) for another 6,000 miles.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
Seems like you're leaving off the online booking bonsues (5 x 1,000 miles) and online check-in bonuses (10 x 100 miles) for another 6,000 miles.
Agreed... See Alysia's post (#18 in this thread). Total should be 36K, unless you're me, then it'll be only 30K.

We'll see if there's a problem in my account next week when I hear back from DM, as I seem to hardly ever get those bonuses. Even Mrs. jimcfsus, the infrequent flier, gets them, and she's not preferred. (Sorry, I had to check her statements from Sept and Oct when she did travel this year.)

<sob><sob> I guess US doesn't love jimcfsus. <sob><sob> They won't give me my bonus miles I earned. <sob><sob> After all the FFOCUSing I've done for this airline.. <sob><sob>

Seriously, I wonder how many of these are upgrade related, you know, where you check in online or kiosk without the upgrade, then get the upgrade at the gate, which happened to me a lot this summer. I did most of my travel before RoachFest, but didn't think about these bonuses not posting to mention it. The one paid RT that I took after RF did have online checkin and online purchase bonuses. And the one RT I took with the Mrs in Oct, she got the bonuses, I didn't (then again I was on a US40, I went last minute on a RJ trek to ATL with her). If this was happening to some of you who travel a lot more than I, this would accumulate into a decent number of miles, no? Am I guessing something got fixed post-RF, but not retroactive to pre-RF???

Last edited by jimcfsus; Dec 18, 2004 at 3:51 pm Reason: even more info
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Alright Alysia and Jimcsfus - I just went to book a similar routing for that weekend - I need to start at the 5:45 am BDL flight to PHL and go from there. I have the weekend off and am working in Hartford friday evening. Now my concerns are - 1. I'll never get upgraded with you high mileage folks on board and 2. where are you staying in Philly Sat night? If I do this is anyone up for cocktails? My other option is to end in BDL, stay at my brothers,and just take a quick BDL-PHL-BDL Sun am. before driving home. Perhaps I will bump into you - I'll let you know when I'm all booked up.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steves
Alright Alysia and Jimcsfus - I just went to book a similar routing for that weekend - I need to start at the 5:45 am BDL flight to PHL and go from there. I have the weekend off and am working in Hartford friday evening. Now my concerns are - 1. I'll never get upgraded with you high mileage folks on board and 2. where are you staying in Philly Sat night? If I do this is anyone up for cocktails? My other option is to end in BDL, stay at my brothers,and just take a quick BDL-PHL-BDL Sun am. before driving home. Perhaps I will bump into you - I'll let you know when I'm all booked up.
Hey, we're not CP... we're only GP like you. But if we get to the point of not all making it, we'll have to rotate upgrades. <Alysia's slap of Jim's hand> No, Mr. Wonderful says Alysia gets upfront all the time in these cases.

Right now, we're ending things on Sat night, so I'm flying back to CAK where I'm based that week at my folks, GoFare Boy's Grandma's, and Alysia was going back to DC. (I haven't posted flights yet... don't want to get iflyswa too excited.) We're goingto stay in PHL on Thurs and Fri nights.

The more the merrier....
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
OK- Alysia gets up front - I owe her a drink anyway as I stood her up at the London FT do. I have to start on SAT and am working on it now - it's not as easy as it looks - my hat is off to you guys.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 5:42 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
While you guys are on a math kick... what does this work out to in revenue per mile flown? (Don't count taxes and so forth -- just base revenue...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.