Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Offer EVER from US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 6:48 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
I got the e-mail too, although as a CP who makes it on segments, it doesn't do me much good. Nice idea tho. They're really trying new & creative things.

David
Old Nov 17, 2004, 6:52 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by CPRich
40K preferred miles. Best offer EVER? We have a short memory....
I'm sorry CPRich... where do you get 40K out of this offer? I saw only a 20K max.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 6:59 am

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
I'm sorry CPRich... where do you get 40K out of this offer? I saw only a 20K max.
20k for 2004 and 20k for 2005
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Thanks Kudzu

How is life up in God's country this morning?

Cold, and really it's time for Florida - but not after New Year's in New Orleans. BTW, I'm tired of my Florida furniture after having redone the bathrooms/kitchen, and if you have good furniture deals on enough stuff to fill a 4 br/4ba condo, please PM me - I'm looking for the upscale hotel look to remind me of a hotel when I'm not traveling
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
I'm a CP and did not get it, but the rest of my family all got it on their monthly statements. Any chance it won't work for us? I guess I will call the CP desk later and find out. 5 R/T's PHL-MHT or RDU for $58 will put 20K in the bank for next year and then another 5 after 1/1 will put another 20K in the bank. It's certainly a good offer -- they need some $$ and are trying to fill the planes.....Has anyone verified this offer with the CP desk that didn't receive the e-mail?

Last edited by dukeman; Nov 17, 2004 at 7:27 am
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:22 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Now I know they are out to get me !!!!! I just looked at my email and every other roach in this house got the email but I did not. Any body who is a CP get this? Is this going to be another one of those target issues promos?
I'm CP and would not have made it back for next year had they not had this promo. In reality, I was going to try to establish myself with UAL but now...
Every time I try to get out they suck me back in.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:27 am

Programs: US1
Now I know they are out to get me !!!!! I just looked at my email and every other roach in this house got the email but I did not. Any body who is a CP get this? Is this going to be another one of those target issues promos?

I have not gotten the E mail either. I am not sure if this is targeted or not. It does not say that is is a targeted promotion.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:28 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by dknn
20k for 2004 and 20k for 2005
DUHO! Reading skills for the Terms and Conditions are not optional.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:32 am

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by dukeman
I'm a CP and did not get it, but the rest of my family all got it on their monthly statements. Any chance it won't work for us? I guess I will call the CP desk later and find out. 5 R/T's PHL-MHT or RDU for $58 will put 20K in the bank for next year and then another 5 after 1/1 will put another 20K in the bank. It's certainly a good offer -- they need some $$ and are trying to fill the planes.....Has anyone verified this offer with the CP desk that didn't receive the e-mail?
I first learned of this promotion through a family member's statement last night. I have yet to receive an E Statement this month. However, I did receive an email this morning about the promotion and I am US1.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:45 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, BD Blue+
If we could be sure of US' long term future, it would almost be worth me getting a cheap LGW-PHL flight and spending a couple of days flying in and out of PHL on GoFares!

What would be the minimum amount of time required to do 4 GoFare RTs from PHL I wonder?

Last edited by UKFlyerWithUS; Nov 17, 2004 at 7:50 am
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:46 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
I received the email and I am a CP also

Why this is a good offer it does me no good. I must book through the travel department. What I need to see is the offer made for just flying US not how I book the ticket. ANd like Longingforpiedmont I will have over 200K tier miles by the end of the year.

A promotion that I would like to see is a lifetime status. I have been a CP since it started and do not see that ending I think there should be something for our Loyality.

Just my thoughts.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by dknn
I first learned of this promotion through a family member's statement last night. I have yet to receive an E Statement this month. However, I did receive an email this morning about the promotion and I am US1.
Thanks. I learned about it from Mrs. Dukeman's e-statement. Mine arrived on Monday and didn't mention this promo. The Mrs also got an e-mail which I have yet to receive. I registered, and will wait and see if I get the e-mail and/or verify with the CP desk.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:48 am

Programs: US1
I just called US Airways. They said this promotion has been targeted for everyone.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:53 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Offer applies to new bookings only."

Bah! Punished for planning ahead.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 8:01 am

Programs: Now a lowly US PP
Originally Posted by Spiff
"Offer applies to new bookings only."

Bah! Punished for planning ahead.

Ditto that. My MR on Monday most likely won't count....unless somehow the computer has a snag. Of course, that never happens...

I got my statement yesterday with no mention...but an e-mail early this morning spelled it all out. Nice for Barry Biffle to sign this himself. This is a very creative way to fill the plane during this tumultuous time. And the end date is no coincidence. I hope this works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.