Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Reporter Wants To Interview Pittsburgh FlyerTalker Worried about US Airways miles and

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reporter Wants To Interview Pittsburgh FlyerTalker Worried about US Airways miles and

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 1:13 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Living in the Pittsburgh area and worried about your US Airways miles and more? Well a pretigous news organization would love to chat with you. Let me know how they can contact you:

[email protected]

Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:07 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What if you're not worried?
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:31 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Then i'll still pass you along as well. i think the organization is looking for a geenral sense of what's going on and it might be fair to observation some concern about US Airways.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Then i'll still pass you along as well. i think the organization is looking for a geenral sense of what's going on and it might be fair to observation some concern about US Airways.
If the organization is looking for people who prefer(red) US Airways but abandoned them for other carriers (in PIT), I'm available.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 5:25 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

I'm not sure, chances are they would like to chat with a number of members of DM in the Pittsburgh area.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 5:58 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Assuming (hoping) that US makes it to Easter.........I'll have my vault of 600K miles spent. The main concern that I have is if US goes under, will another carrier honor US Dividend Miles Refugee status. Can I take my US Chairmen's Preferred status and have it matched by another major carrier. I fly enough to build up my mileage vault again.

At the moment, my dilemma is which airline do I switch to? UA or NW seem to be the two that I'm wobbling between.

I'd stick with US if there was a clear plan to survive. They do have more direct flights out of PIT than any other airline, even with the dimished schedule.

More than likely, I will start off 2005 with a new "favorite" airline......probably not US.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:13 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Very few, if any airlines, match top tier, but there are always exceptions (mainly for high ranking corporate officers or others who can demonstrate extraordinary revenue). I'm not worried, just prepared. Went from 500k miles between my wife and I to under 30k, not all great decisions in terms of spending miles, but still got something out of it. Have two pending award tickets, one in December, one in February. I don't think I'll get to use the one in February.

Connecting from PIT does suck, but you get used to it. That's the fate small to mid-size metro areas will be in the new future of aviation, no need for us to be safe..
Old Nov 9, 2004, 9:00 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Not in PIT but would talk

Not in PIT but would talk to a reporter. I have NO intention of rushing to burn my miles.

I am staying put for now even though ISP schedule makes no sense.

My best to you all...
Old Nov 9, 2004, 8:36 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Ho hummmm. This is getting old.

They should just pour through the last 6 months of the newspaper there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.