From The "Have You Been in Your Own Place Lately?" Dept.

Old Oct 11, 2004, 6:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
From The "Have You Been in Your Own Place Lately?" Dept.

Got this in my Email today:

US Airways Supports Literacy in Philadelphia

ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- US Airways and Weekly Reader Corporation have joined hands to help encourage family literacy while providing limited-time access to quality books at a special low price. For each set of books sold, $3 will be donated to PHILADELPHIA READS, an organization that works with individuals, schools, community and faith-based organizations and businesses to provide mentors, resources and advocacy for in-school, after school and summer programs....

Interesting priority, with what's going on lately. Anyway, I would have thought they might want to start with F Terminal first.

Last edited by deelmakur; Oct 11, 2004 at 6:19 pm
Old Oct 11, 2004, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
US probably doesn't get any tax breaks for refurbing the F terminal.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 8:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Tigger...this ain't SEA-TAC (where I was this morning). The crew in F Terminal can't put a sentence together, other than "da plane left", or "I don't know where it is". **

** note: this last one is a multi-purpose statement, which can be used in conjunction with missing connections or lost bags.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by deelmakur
Tigger...this ain't SEA-TAC (where I was this morning). The crew in F Terminal can't put a sentence together, other than "da plane left", or "I don't know where it is". **

** note: this last one is a multi-purpose statement, which can be used in conjunction with missing connections or lost bags.

LOLOLOLOL!!! If ONLY it weren't true!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Com'on Its Charity

Deelmakur,

US may have a lot of warts, but I can't blame any company for wanting to, in any small way, improve the community that they operate in through some sort of charitable giving. So kudos to US for continuing to give back to their community and to the less fortunate.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:24 am

Programs: US1, NW, AA, SPG...
whose money is it?

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Deelmakur,

US may have a lot of warts, but I can't blame any company for wanting to, in any small way, improve the community that they operate in through some sort of charitable giving. So kudos to US for continuing to give back to their community and to the less fortunate.
If only it was "their" money to give away. In Ch11, it's really the creditors' money... I'd be interested to hear how this would go over in that crowd. Hopefully this won't go on the pile of reasons used by creditors to pull the Ch7 lever when the time comes...
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Not to beat a dead horse, but you usually do promotions that impact your customer base. Bigred93 picked up on my point. Whatever this costs, they are broke. As usual, another curious decision, which questions priorities. The remark about F terminal was typical wiseass from me. Couldn't resist.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:03 am
Suspended

it is truly wonderful that U is supporting literacy!!! It shows that this is a company with a heart!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.