Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RoachFEST '04 - UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2004, 8:50 am

I will be out of the country but will send a donation to help defray expenses. I am looking forward to a report of the meeting.

Jane in PHL
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:55 am

Now is the summer of our discontent...

Recent postings have focused on US's glaring weak spots. Folks who I would argue are the airline's champions have recently expressed frustration.

While Roachfest is a wonderful opportunity to dialogue with senior US management, it cannot turn into a bit*h session. My experience with senior management types is if they sniff a gripe session, they tune out, start using the "we are listening" vocabulary, and nothing is accomplished.

Many folks have expressed legitimate concerns of late, and I am not doubting their merit. However, as we approach RoachFest, it's important to frame our arguments with a bit of detached concern, and certainly provide "suggestions for improvement", instead of a "list of complaints."
Old Jul 2, 2004, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

What He Says

Many folks have expressed legitimate concerns of late, and I am not doubting their merit. However, as we approach RoachFest, it's important to frame our arguments with a bit of detached concern, and certainly provide "suggestions for improvement", instead of a "list of complaints."[/QUOTE]

This can NOT turn into *****FEST '04 or we lose all we worked for and them some. Get out the dictionary and practice your best "Spin". Presentation of issues and ideas are almost more important as the ideas themselves.

Like Grandpa used to say "It's not what you say, it's how you say it"
Old Jul 2, 2004, 6:59 pm

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
RoachFest

Like Bob, I have dealt personally with some of the senior managers at US. They are concerned about what we think, and I believe they are coming to listen to us. I think that the conversation should stress their strengths as well as their weaknesses. I always lavish praise on the deserving employees and stress why I stay so loyal before discussing any negatives.

I have been in touch with members of the press, some of whom are trying to attend-there is MUCH interest.

I believe I will be making a statement--I am driving to PHL from Long Island, as the fare quoted was over $700. I have room for a couple of folks from NY if interested (stockman see PM).

Also I went to a different PC to pay with Paypal and it went through

My hat's off to Bob and Ira--I look forward to seeing you all.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:02 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Good Point PB!

Originally Posted by PineyBob
Many folks have expressed legitimate concerns of late, and I am not doubting their merit. However, as we approach RoachFest, it's important to frame our arguments with a bit of detached concern, and certainly provide "suggestions for improvement", instead of a "list of complaints."

This can NOT turn into *****FEST '04 or we lose all we worked for and them some. Get out the dictionary and practice your best "Spin". Presentation of issues and ideas are almost more important as the ideas themselves.

Like Grandpa used to say "It's not what you say, it's how you say it"
A very good point PB! In my previous life (pre-marriage), I earned the reputation of being a "Taz" by being a hot head and being confrontational. Now, that I've seen the light (being hit over the head by my wife), I can see that going the positive, suggestion based route is the way to go. (No, I'm not totally cured... I still have my Tazmanian moments, but at least I pick the "correct" times and issues now. )

To those of you who are hot heads, I can sure see your points. I had weeks where I lived on the Consumer Affairs hotline (pre-mainline Internet days in the mid-90s) telling US how they screwed up big, and how I was screwed in the process. Constructive criticism in the long run will be better here than going into our meeting with a chip on one's shoulder and going for blood. In the climate US is in, this should not be an "us versus them" meeting, but a "we're all friends and we want to see you succeed". This needs to be paramount from the moment the US representatives step in the room!!! We need to earn their respect and their trust. We won't do that if we attack them with all guns out.

My mom used to say that "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

RoachFEST 04 - 29 days and counting

Greetings.

Get the moths out of you wallets and sign up! only 30 days to make plans to be at our little event. The agenda and menu are being finalized. Soon all of our nagging, ragging and biting humor will pay off and we will be heard.

Calling all Cockroaches! Calling all Cockroaches! Calling all Cockroaches!

We need to get the word out to our friends in the media. So call and harrangue and cajole and get them to help us spread the word

If you sent me an email saying you will be coming, that's nice, I appreciate it. But the suitable quantity of deceased Presidents pictures on rectangular paper is what we need ladies and gentlemen.

Our first registrant was from LAX, so c'mon break the roach tradition and pay for something will ya huh? Just playing a bit about a serious matter. We need a strong showing and the cash to fund it. So dig deep and come join us.

Last edited by PineyBob; Jul 8, 2004 at 10:11 am
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Greetings.

Get the moths out of you wallets and sign up! only 30 days to make plans to be at our little event. The agenda and menu are being finalized. Soon all of our nagging, ragging and biting humor will pay off and we will be heard.

Calling all Cockroaches! Calling all Cockroaches! Calling all Cockroaches!

We need to get the word out to our friends in the media. So call and harrangue and cajole and get them to help us spread the word

If you sent me an email saying you will be coming, that's nice, I appreciate it. But the suitable quantity of deceased Presidents pictures on rectangular paper is what we need ladies and gentlemen.

Our first registrant was from LAX, so c'mon break the roach tradition and pay for something will ya huh? Just playing a bit about a serious matter. We need a strong showing and the cash to fund it. So dig deep and come join us.
How many people have registered to attend as of now?
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

More than the catering minimum and less than the projected amount.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:51 am

I just mailed Ira my check for 2. See you there.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by biggs
I just mailed Ira my check for 2. See you there.
Thank you very much. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Only 30 days left until RoachFEST '04. We are getting the agenda set and all of the little things like catering and the baseball game plans firmed up.

US Airways has sent a tentative list of attendee's. We will have
1- Senior VP
1- Vice President
3- Managing Directors

And possibly Seth the Go Fares guy.

The line up is pretty impressive and the only reason I haven't published it here now is we are waiting for some possible additions to the US roster.

We have limited seating left for the ballgame afterwards but for the event itself, plunk down the $35.00 and be a part of history.

Be part of the grass roots organization that is the first to gain a meeting with Sr. Executives of a major airline. We will be heard and we will learn a great deal as well. PLUS we will have fun.

Please don't wait to the last minute it's not like we have a staff
Old Jul 9, 2004, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

RoachFEST '04 - UPDATE

In response to my inquiry I am pleased to announce that US Airways will have someone who will be able to address US Airways Club issues. I am not revealing the name since it may be one of 2 people. I have been assured that club issues will have someone to answer our questions.

Just another reason to go to www.us-cockroach.com Sign up and be heard
Old Jul 9, 2004, 2:52 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Post Merged Threads

All recent or relatively recent threads about RoachFEST '04 have been merged into a single combined thread. Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks,
/cx4, one of your friendly US forum moderators
Old Jul 9, 2004, 4:54 pm

And possibly Seth the Go Fares guy.
If Seth comes, will we get the opportunity to hunt him down for free tickets?
Old Jul 9, 2004, 4:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 2P, US Dirt (Yay!)
Are we planning to consolidate our concerns/issues/comments together and give a semi-formal presentation? I'm not sure if there's some formal agenda or even informal agenda planned. ?
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:06 pm

Programs: US1
I am going to be flying up from DCA just for the meeting itself. Do you know exactly when the meeting will end? I need to book my ticket I guess for one of the last flights from PHL to DCA. I know it sounds crazy to fly such a short distance. But I am a true ROACH! I support US Airways all the way!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.