Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RoachFEST '04 - UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2004, 9:28 pm

Programs: SWA
"to add to the Festivities"

First, my apologies for being AWOL for quite a while. Starting a new business takes lots of time.

Second. The "RoachMobile" will be making the trip to RoachFEST '04, loaded to the brim with Roach gear. This will be a great opportunity to get some US Cockroach "collectors items". Mugs will not be reordered. If you want a mug (steel or ceramic) send an email to reserve yours. First come first served. Payment is not required, and special prices will be in effect for mugs as well as the luggage tags (which do not need to be pre-requested).

See you all at RoachFEST '04.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Please move Karen and I to the 'fer sure' group. We'll be down early on Saturday and also staying at the PHL Marriott.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Final Plans & Pricing Very Soon

All of the open issues are being resolved as you read this. Very Soon it will all be on our website and you will be able to register and pay there just as you did for the pins and such.

A word of caution, sporting venues have captive catering requirements which translates into a very expensive proposition. I am working with the caterer at Lincoln Financial Field for the snacks and bar costs to get a more favorable rate. I am not optimistic, but I'm working on it.

Once everything is in place we need you to respond promptly as information packs need to be created the room layout finalized and of course the cash. who could forget that.

We're doing it guys & gals, Cool stuff
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 2P, US Dirt (Yay!)
do i have to be a roach?

I never signed up to be an official roach. At least, I'm assuming there is such a thing. ? I just fly US a lot (well, not compared to all. I'm just US3), can I still register and attend?
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:42 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
No, You do not have to be a roach. We would welcome your attendance !!!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Cockroach Membership

Originally Posted by jhpark
I never signed up to be an official roach. At least, I'm assuming there is such a thing. ? I just fly US a lot (well, not compared to all. I'm just US3), can I still register and attend?

Just raise two of you furry legs and repeat after me;

I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!

Then buy a ticket and show up and you're in!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:09 pm

Programs: DM Silver
Hey...after a long layoff from FlyerTalk and a cross-continental switch, I'm back on the board and looking forward to this Cockroach fest '04! So where can I find out more info on dates, times, registration, etc. other than what's in the thread? Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

RoachFEST '04

Originally Posted by dreadmon
Hey...after a long layoff from FlyerTalk and a cross-continental switch, I'm back on the board and looking forward to this Cockroach fest '04! So where can I find out more info on dates, times, registration, etc. other than what's in the thread? Thanks!

Very very shortly you will be able to get complete information, prices on our web site www.us-cockroach.com
Old Jun 22, 2004, 3:03 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Count us in!

Well I scored cheap tickets for me and Ms. rtpflyer from RDU arriving Saturday AM returning Sunday AM, so we're definitely planning to be there (at least for the Lincoln Field get-together - I haven't convinced Ms. rtpflyer that a minor league baseball game is a better option than a fancy Saturday night dinner out at someplace like Le Bec Fin or Morimoto's yet). Plan's could still change depending on my job commitments or my spouse's parents health situation, so I'll hold off on other non-refundable commitments until I need solidify them. I did go ahead and book a room at the Airport Marriott on the $124 "Stay For Breakfast" deal - so does anyone know how early they start serving Breakfast on a Sunday morning?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by PineyBob
Just raise two of you furry legs and repeat after me;

I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!
I am a Cockroach!

Then buy a ticket and show up and you're in!

Don't you mean buy a W-Class ticket? Not Y or B, but W or K class, and THEN you're in!
Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:56 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Don't you mean buy a W-Class ticket? Not Y or B, but W or K class, and THEN you're in!
You mean some people pay "full fare"? I thought they were a mythical group. I only know how to purchase tickets with fare codes like W or K (or the old V).
Old Jun 25, 2004, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Don't Forget to sign up!

Less than 44 days to our history making event in PHL. Be sure to sign up. Space is limited. We need your sign up ASAP so we can order the right suite option for the game afterward.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PineyBob
Less than 44 days to our history making event in PHL. Be sure to sign up. Space is limited. We need your sign up ASAP so we can order the right suite option for the game afterward.

Bob,
Is paypal working? It's not taking my c/c info. Is there any way one could pay by check? Also, who is coming from US and how many people have signed up so far?
Old Jun 25, 2004, 8:49 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by sfeinberg
Bob,
Is paypal working? It's not taking my c/c info. Is there any way one could pay by check? Also, who is coming from US and how many people have signed up so far?
I just signed up by PayPal, after being guilted by PB , but I used a balance instead of my CC. I accept PayPal for my business and I've found that if my customers are having problem with CC's, they need to signup for PayPal in a separate transaction before attempting payment (esp. for AOL users for some reason). Then doing the payment after getting the account set up works.

If you check the official roach site at http://www.us-cockroach.com/ , there is a way to sign up by sending Ira a check. Details are right on the home page.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

I bought my Ticket on Pay Pal OK

Just bought my ticket to RoachFEST. Figured I better lead by example lest I be to much like US Airways management is with the workers. Do as I say not as I do. Now you have no excuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.