Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the nicest USAirways Club?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SS255
Well, it may not be the nicest club, but the LAX club sure will be a most welcome sight come 10/29!!! I wonder if they're going to renovate it, and add better lighting?
I'm guessing they'll just dust off the mothballs and say, "welcome to our BRAND NEW club!" The 80s decor will likely remain.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It will be interesting to see how long the HP clubs in PHX and LAS continue to serve free drinks, and how long until they adopt US "livery."
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I noticed I'd received an e-mail a couple of days ago saying that these PHX and LAS clubs are now US Airways Clubs.

If anyone has visited them since 3 Oct 05, it will be interesting to find out if free drinks are still on tap (what kinds?) and whether the decor has changed.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"[E]ffective immediately we will no longer charge for copy, fax or shredder services in any of our locations." ^ ^

Is this a carry-over from HP? I presume local faxes incur no phone charge. How do they handle long-distance faxes. Use a calling card?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 9:25 pm
ISP

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
It will be interesting to see how long the HP clubs in PHX and LAS continue to serve free drinks, and how long until they adopt US "livery."
Went to the PHX club today. Interesting to note, the airport sign with the arrows pointing me in the direction said "US Airways Club." They are on top of the ball in PHX!

Still free drinks, gal at the bar said nobody knows when they will be charging yet.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 4:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

From usairwaysinfo.com (and an email from HP at some point):

*The Las Vegas Club location will offer complimentary alcoholic beverages. Internet access in Las Vegas and Phoenix and alcoholic beverages in Phoenix will be complimentary until later this fall.

Sounds like they don't plan to drop the free drinks in LAS, but PHX is just a matter of time.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by violist
FB, I don't recall seeing a guy in the BOS US Club this year at all:
the women at the desk have always seemed quite agreeable and
competent about accommodating my requests. Perhaps you are
thinking of the BOS RCC, which has one particular guy who is
notoriously grouchy and incompetent, both (but, again, the
women are excellent).
No, it was the US Club. He had dark hair and spoke with an accent.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISP
Went to the PHX club today. Interesting to note, the airport sign with the arrows pointing me in the direction said "US Airways Club." They are on top of the ball in PHX!
What about the sign behind the desk?

Although I'm a true-blue (gray) US Airways Club member, I wonder if they will now let Red Carpet Club members in.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:15 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
The US Airways Club at Phoenix's high-A pier has been fully "renamed" with US Airways branding.

I second the comment on RDU's club being nice. Then again I don't really have much to compare it to yet... I just bought my membership there Monday morning
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:34 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
The US Airways Club at Phoenix's high-A pier has been fully "renamed" with US Airways branding.

I second the comment on RDU's club being nice. Then again I don't really have much to compare it to yet... I just bought my membership there Monday morning
The current US club at RDU is tiny compared to the former club they had going back to the 80s when it was originally a PI club. When I was based out of RTP in the late 80s, I spent a lot of time there... so much I considered it a second home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.