Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The return of "Get Out the Miles"?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:24 am

I just called and asked why the miles didn't post. She said because I wasn't targetted. I asked if there was something she could do and she said no.

She also said whoever the friend was that shared it with me would get the miles if I registered. I said it didn't mention that on the website.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:40 am

Programs: US Airways SP, AAdvanage, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, more to come
Not sure if this helps, but what I did was click the "Contact Dividend Miles" icon and clicked "Missing Miles" and simply put "I signed up for the promo and was told I was registered, but it did not post". Got an email saying "I've posted them, the tier miles will post soon" like a week later.

Another thing I did was call a day before my flights to "check what promos I'm registered for" and she listed all of them. 6699, 7822, and a few others. All the relevant ones posted.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by safetymom
I just called and asked why the miles didn't post. She said because I wasn't targetted. I asked if there was something she could do and she said no.

She also said whoever the friend was that shared it with me would get the miles if I registered. I said it didn't mention that on the website.
The second part is BS -- how would they know who yuo got it from?!? The same 7822 code is in use for all.

They are right that it is targeted, but my Silver Rep was able to 'target' me on the spot and credit the miles ... as the previous poster noted, preferred miles took a little longer to credit, but they are there...

I'd call back, or e-mail.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I e-mailed about 2 weeks ago. I got a response that the miles would be credited, but they haven't shown up in my statement yet. I'll give it another couple of weeks, and then follow up by forwarding the response to the Gold desk.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:59 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Funny thing happened when I called a few weeks ago looking for my bonus miles. I explained the situation to the CS rep, who asked me to hold....then HUNG UP ON ME. I put the phone down and forgot about it. When I checked my account the next day, the miles were properly credited. ^

Strange....but TRUE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.