Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting voicemail from US Air

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum; Starwood Gold; BA Blue; VS Red; DL; US; CO; NW
Interesting voicemail from US Air

I'm flying down to CZM on Saturday on US. The other day I came home from the golf course and found a voicemail from the airline--a recording advising me to be sure to bring proof of citizenship. Is this something new? Have they been having problems with people trying to get by on just a driver's license or some such? I'm just curious because, while I plan to bring a passport because it's the easiest, I was surprised to get this message.
Old May 18, 2004, 6:52 pm

Yes, there has been a problem. Even the return from the USVI to the mainland now requires passport or other proof of citizenship.
Old May 18, 2004, 7:55 pm

Programs: US lowlife
ask the amish guy - he knows about being let back into the country.
Old May 19, 2004, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by AtlanticBeach
Even the return from the USVI to the mainland now requires passport or other proof of citizenship.
This seems pretty weird that you need to prove citizenship from one part of the US to another. Next they will require a passport for internal travel with the lower 48. Identity papers please!
Old May 19, 2004, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by biggs
This seems pretty weird that you need to prove citizenship from one part of the US to another. Next they will require a passport for internal travel with the lower 48. Identity papers please!

Funny you should mention that Biggs. I was just standing in a long line and it occured to me that most folks see a security line.

I see the children and grandchildren of the heros of D-Day and WWII forced into the very type of behaviors the heros of Normandy and countless other places fought and died to eliminate.
Old May 21, 2004, 8:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by AtlanticBeach
Yes, there has been a problem. Even the return from the USVI to the mainland now requires passport or other proof of citizenship.
Yep...they require photo identification and a birth certificate with a raised seal. I had my driver's license and a copy of my birth certificate that was notarized. No problems. This was the week of 9/11 on the one year anniversary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.