Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Marshall Chic

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2004, 3:22 pm

The ones I've talked to all say they are getting more reading done than ever!
Old Aug 13, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm always so behind in my reading. In fact, sometimes I just have to book a flight so I'll catch up on my reading. Maybe I should apply to be a sky marshall!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 3:27 pm

Do sky marshalls ever speak up / speak out if someone near them is violating the general take-off or landing rules (such as seat back not fully up, or junk stowed under the seat in front, or having some electronic device turned on when it's not supposed to, un-fastening your seat belt before your supposed to, etc)

???
Old Aug 14, 2004, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Joe Airman
Do sky marshalls ever speak up / speak out if someone near them is violating the general take-off or landing rules (such as seat back not fully up, or junk stowed under the seat in front, or having some electronic device turned on when it's not supposed to, un-fastening your seat belt before your supposed to, etc)

???

Wow, I would certainly hope not. That would really limit their ability to do their job in a major way.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Having flowin into / out of IAD 8 times this week I could only spot the sky marshall 4 or 5 times. All looked like cops, nice khaki's, pre-boarded and reading books. For the other three, I thought I knew on one but the other 2 no clue at all (they were RJ's). Maybe they didn't have them on board?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:46 pm

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
On one recent flight, it was very obvious to me who they were. I was frying from Toronto (YYZ) to DCA and was the first person on the RJ after the ridiculous secondary screening procedure. But wait - there's two people already on board, and wearing sky marshall chic. Their cover was blown by being stupid and staying on the plane for the turnaround in Toronto.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:51 pm

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Another recent flight from PHL to DCA, my family and I had 1 D,F and 2D,F pre-rerved for months before our flight. We get to the airport in London (LGW) for our first flight and find that our connecting seats in PHL had mysteriously changed to 1 D,F, 2F, 3F. Nothing could be done there.

Well with a four year-old and a nine-month infant,m this obviosuly would not work so well. Since we were the first on board, I put the baby in 2F, my wife in 2D, and me and my son in row 1. I told the FA the situation (being bumped by a marshal) and she said she would handle it, but told me to be quiet about the marshal thing. The guy heading for 2D was placed in 3F by the FA with no complaints. It was either that or take care of our baby...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.