Wiki Posts
Search

how's food in coach to europe?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
how's food in coach to europe?

Never flown US to europe before, and I'm going PIT-FRA on the A330. What kind of food should I expect? Just wondering if I should plan to bring my own stuff for the flight or not since I'm going to be tight on space. Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2004, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Food is food. Anything on US is nothing to write home about. If you aren't in envoy, i'd brown bag it. Coming out of PIT, I would suggest WOK N ROLL(B CONCOURSE ONLY!) or Fridays. I'd also stop at Au Bon Pain and pick up a muffin for an arrival snack as it's packaged food only on arrival into FRA. Enjoy!
Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:21 pm

I can thankfully say that I don't know what the food's like in coach.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
It's your standard coach meal... nothing to get excited about but also not, IMO, worth the added hassle and expense of dragging your own on board.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 8:39 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
You can see some coach international meal photos here; follow the "browse meal" link:

http://www.airlinemeals.net/
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:07 am

Dinner is nothing remarkable. Neither especially good nor bad.
"Breakfast" is the "Dave Donut" baked some where in the LA areal sometime in the last decade and sealed in plastic. It helps to soak it in coffee.
If they really insist on serving a donut, why not make it Krispy Kreeme? (About the only donut I like). Surely, US still has some connections in WintonSalem and could make a deal with KrispyKreeme folks.

"Mmmmmm...Donuts" - Homer Simpson
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:09 am

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
info apply to other flights?

would this info apply to other flights like LGW-CLT?

I always thought they locally sourced most of the food, so it would depend on origin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.