Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US/ANA FFP tie-up deal reached

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2004, 11:17 am
Original Poster

US/ANA FFP tie-up deal reached

US Airways and ANA (All Nippon Airways) has signed the deal for FFP cooperation.

Effective 04MAY, US Airways Dividend Miles members will be able to earn and redeem miles on ANA flight, and vice versa.

ANA and US Airways has signed "smooth check-in" service earlier this year.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I booked an award ticket to KIX (Osaka) today on UA in business, should I switch it over to ANA? As it stands right now I'm flying PHL-ORD-KIX.

Chris
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Where are you finding this information? Doesn't seem to be on US website and haven't seen any announcements made in news. Would be nice, I figure we could use ANA intra-Asia? Would it be only 90k in J to Asia?!!?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I know, i'd fly ANA so i could add a flight to Sapporo (CTS) on ANA rather then take the train from Osaka.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

The news release is on ANA's website, which can be found here

Originally Posted by worldbanker
Where are you finding this information? Doesn't seem to be on US website and haven't seen any announcements made in news. Would be nice, I figure we could use ANA intra-Asia? Would it be only 90k in J to Asia?!!?
Old Apr 23, 2004, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I thought Siegel went over there many months ago and signed this deal. I think they've been implementing it over the past few months.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by catwood
I know, i'd fly ANA so i could add a flight to Sapporo (CTS) on ANA rather then take the train from Osaka.
Taking a train to CTS from KIX is not my idea of a good time unless you just like riding trains. It's a good 5+ hours on the bullet train to northern Honshu, and from there it's another long, long trip (through the world's longest tunnel...) to get to Sapporo.

It's like a 1.5 hour flight, and I bet it's cheaper to fly than to take the train...
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldbanker
Isn't this just part of joining Star Alliance? ANA is in Star Alliance. It starts on May 4. Ergo...

Last edited by DancingFool; Apr 26, 2004 at 2:26 pm Reason: Fixed typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.