Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Star Alliance Launch Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2004, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter
The web check in boarding passes now have under frequent flyer number on 3 lines:
us-xxxx (your ff number)
Gold Preferred (or your status)
US*g-Star Alliance Gold

The changes are the addition of US- before the frequentflyer#, and the line
US*g-Star Alliance Gold

I wonder if the agent card stock or kiosk boarding passes are different as well?

Didn't see it reported yet, but it's on neither the card stock nor the kiosk BPs. Just on web-checkin. I guess there's just not room on the BPs you get at the airport.
Old May 10, 2004, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
They might be running through the leftover inventory of non-Star logo BP stock before moving on to the newer Star logo stock? Just a thought...
Old May 11, 2004, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum HH Gold
seats still available on transatlantic award flights

Hard to believe, but there are still a fair number of award seats left on flights across the pond this summer. You will need to be flexible with dates and cities, but the tickets are out there.

I just booked a 100K first class award to Berlin and returning from Stockholm for the end of July. I was given multiple flights/dates options if I wanted to go through London. (This can sometimes be a good bet . .. get to london and then do a cheap ryanair/easyjet connection.

For those of you with large account balances, the majority of availability exists with 1st class awards on 3 class aircraft. Its a lot of points to burn on a European flight . . but I have always wanted to experience 1st class on Lufthansa
Old May 11, 2004, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kjbtraveler
Its a lot of points to burn on a European flight . . but I have always wanted to experience 1st class on Lufthansa

I burned 100k for a Swissair FC award a few years ago from IAD and it was worth it. However, I wished I'd used the miles from the west coast to enjoy the flights a little longer ... 8 hrs. was just not enough! 140k for FC from the east coast to SE Asia seems to make more sense to me now... ^
Old May 11, 2004, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by pdhenry
No prob - each airline's color is configurable.
Cool - thanks for the tip! Now my Eastern US is a mass of light purple, and I can see the US Airways planes. ^
Old May 12, 2004, 6:54 am

Programs: DL UA
Hi all
I am in GOT I flew CLT FRA and FRA GOT. I got credit for all legs ( the SAS and the US ). I just tried to get into the star alliance lounge with my gold card but as I am on a 'City airline* ticket to Lyon today no go. The KLM lounge did let me in with my MWA club membership. I did get a look at the * Alliance lounge and it looks pretty nice but it doesn't have its own rest rooms ( niether does this one) . What's up with that. I hate having to walk out with the hoi polloi ( just kidding !!).
I also got upgraded to Envoy on the way over for 10k miles and then saw a *European bonus* for 10,000 miles on my dividend account. I have no idea where it came from but I will take it.
Ciao!
Old May 12, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The link with Thai is now up. I was able to view my itin before ticketing thanks to the assist given herein by a fellow FT. Thanks. I just ticketed the following using my US Airways points which have been sitting around forever.

ANA F SFO to Tokyo 777
ANA F Tokyo to Bangkok 747 best seat / service combination in the air.
stop less than 24 hours Westin BKK
Thai Airways C (no F) Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) (aircraft ?)
stop more than 24 hours Sheraton SGN
Thai Airways C (no F) Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok (aircraft ?)
stop less than 24 hours Westin BKK
Singapore Airlines C (no F) Bangkok to Kansai 777
stop more than 24 hours Hotel Granvia Kyoto
UA F Kansai to SFO 777

Regards
Old May 22, 2004, 8:12 pm

New Question

I have my silver CP card with the logo. Should I expect a different Star Alliance Card?
Thanks!

Jane in PHL
Old May 24, 2004, 11:18 am

The CP card with the Star logo is all you get. It's really all you need.

I have never heard of or seen a Star Alliance issued card that was not from one of the member airlines.... ???
Old May 24, 2004, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005
The CP card with the Star logo is all you get. It's really all you need.

I have never heard of or seen a Star Alliance issued card that was not from one of the member airlines.... ???
Thanks, I had no idea what to expect.

Jane in PHL
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:51 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, BD Blue+
Worldwide Airport Standby Upgrade Certificates

A letter from Star Alliance fell through the letterbox this morning, complete with 4 *A Worldwide Airport Standby Upgrade Certificates.

It seems that the UK *A promotion has finally caught up with us UK based US GPs.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool Qantas and USAIRWAYS

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Interesting the Qantas award is still listed...Quite the bargain for F compared with *A...No mention on the QF page as to how long this agreement remains in place.
I had about 110,000 miles in USAIR's ff program which I felt were "vulnerable", so I helped my sister book a business class award using the Qantas award for 105,000 miles.

This was occurring around the time of the Star Alliance entrance, and by my reading of the USAIR website, they had 3 awards to Australia--one using the Qantas award, one using the Star Alliance award and a third one listed on their site for awards on United/Lufthansa if the entire flight was on United/Luftansa.

They were for diffrerent mileage levels (90,000 for UA, 105,000 for Qantas and 120,000 for Star Alliance). When I asked the agent on the phone if all 3 would continue to be available, she said yes---but she didn't sound too convincing.

I see that the United/Luftansa awards for 90,000 to Australia from North America is no longer listed. I too would be surprised if the Qantas agreement is renewed whenever it expires between the two airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.