SFO Club Closing

Old May 20, 2005, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
See Thirty-eight shared markets in merged US Airways
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434695
Old May 20, 2005, 12:26 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The reference to "the appropriate fee" is really kicking the customer when he's down.

Why would anyone in SFO or LAX "upgrade" their US Airways Club membership, as opposed to simply buying a UA Red Carpet Club membership?!

They still don't get it. This "triple tier pricing" has got to go! Or the members will.
I use to fly a lot with United and had a RCC membership; a few months ago I renewed my RCC membership even though I will make about 1 United trip this year. I can access the US Clubs while traveling on a US ticket and access the RCC even if I am not traveling on a US ticket. Not to mention have access to all the Star lounges! Definitely the way to go in my opinion!
Old May 20, 2005, 12:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I'm not sure if HP has enough gates for additional US flights.

And yes, HP serves SFO from PHX and LAS.
Old May 21, 2005, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Well things have become more complex. Now with the HP/US merger who knows where the new US is going to move to if they move at all now.
The airport will not permit US to remain at the current location forever. It eventually will be demolished to allow for full access by aircraft to the entire international terminal.
Old May 21, 2005, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I realize the previous post is a restatement of
Post #89:
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Well they still have to move. SFO wants to demolish that concourse since it's blocking the intl terminal.
However, the author of Post #88 saw fit to open a duplicate thread on this issue.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up LAX Club Re-Opening!

The Los Angeles US Airways Club is expected to re-open 1 November 2005, as HP also uses Terminal 1. So the HP-US merger is showing some benefits to consumers.

See 3 More clubs to close
http://64.78.185.85/forum/showthread...02#post4516202

Let us hope HP-US is either busy working with UA on a move to SFO Terminal 3, or making other plans for HP-US consolidation at SFO, perhaps to eventually include some sort of lounge access.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:39 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Bumping this thread back to the top because... the inevitable has happened, US has moved in with HP at SFO.

Now we need to make sure US knows that SFO *needs* a U Club.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:20 am

Programs: US1
Is there space to put a club over there? I have never been to where US is not moving to.

Originally Posted by FCYTravis
Bumping this thread back to the top because... the inevitable has happened, US has moved in with HP at SFO.

Now we need to make sure US knows that SFO *needs* a U Club.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Alaska Airlines has a Board Room in the same concourse, and they don't have nearly as much space available as HP has in their rotunda. If HP wants to find room for a club, they can...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.