SFO Club Closing

Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
anyone knows the status of the sfo club? is it still open? I might take a trip in next week and was wondering if i would still be able to access it.

thanks

synd
Old Nov 10, 2004, 9:58 am

Programs: US1
When I flew through there about 3 weeks ago it was still opened.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

At SFO - If you want anything substantial food wise, get it before you go through security.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Any update on plans to move over to the UA terminal?
Old Feb 13, 2005, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
See US Club at SFO (5 Feb 05)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396781

In post #3 of this duplicate six-post thread (which a moderator might wish to merge into this one), Spiff points out that the helpful folks at the SFO US Airways Club report that contrary to longstanding rumors, there are no plans to close that club.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:31 am

It was busy two weeks ago and the staff say that there are no closing plans.

BUT, the list of clubs that came with my USair Club membership card last week does not list SFO.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
It was fairly busy last Wednesday evening, although somewhat frustrating that you can't get through security in Terminal 1 until 7:30.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bofie
It was busy two weeks ago and the staff say that there are no closing plans.
Unfortunately the staff would probably be the last to know...

BUT, the list of clubs that came with my USair Club membership card last week does not list SFO.
That's funny.

Maybe the master plan is to close SFO & reopen IND, SYR & ROC? (The list of clubs that came with my card still lists IND, SYR & ROC -- and you're right SFO has disappeared.)

Is MCO still out of commission?
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:03 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
When/If they move US over to the UA terminal, the club will close. Hopefully either US will build a new club (unlikely) or will allow Club members to access the RCC without the RCC/US Club tax.

The concourse where US is located is a barren and mostly abandoned part of SFO. I'm amazed that US is still using this section of he airport.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TomBascom
Is MCO still out of commission?
Yes; I was there last week and the club door was graced with a printed sign that said "closed for repairs".
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HPTunco
The concourse where US is located is a barren and mostly abandoned part of SFO. I'm amazed that US is still using this section of he airport.
It is simultaniously depressing and convenient.

Depressing because there are almost no services available, the terminal is in shambles, and is deserted most of the day (sometimes even during the bank of US flights).

Convenient because the security line is never very long, so it is easier to plan when to arrive for your flight. This is not the case with UA over in T3.

I flew through CVG last week, which was equally quiet. USAirways Express is now the only carrier with flights from the old terminal (NW having moved over to join DL) and it was also very depressing. I really wonder how it is worth the airport keeping the terminal open rather than moving the handfull of USX flights over to where AA/UA are or even to DL.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:51 pm

Programs: US1
Funny, not too long ago I was chatting with a CP desk rep on the phone and she said US is keeping those gates for a reason??? Who knows what is going on.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Funny, not too long ago I was chatting with a CP desk rep on the phone and she said US is keeping those gates for a reason??? Who knows what is going on.
transpacific focus city?

ok just kidding
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by US AIRWAYS FAN
Perhaps a ploy by US to get the city of SF to pay for them to relocate to T3? Since they're short on cash, its in their best interest to stick around and likely in the city's best interest to kick them out (and pay) so they can get access to the gates in the International terminal.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by noah
Perhaps a ploy by US to get the city of SF to pay for them to relocate to T3? Since they're short on cash, its in their best interest to stick around and likely in the city's best interest to kick them out (and pay) so they can get access to the gates in the International terminal.

AFAIK (and my info may be out of date) money does have something to do with the issue. My understanding is that the aiprort was to pay for the move (including the cost of a new club). At the time (pre 9/11 and SARS) there was some urgency in tearing down the old A concourse in order to fully utilize the new Int'l building. WIth int'l traffic in SFO still not back to roaring 90's levels, there is less of a need to use all the gates in the Int'l terminal. Perhaps, (my speculation) the City by the Bay is in less of rush to move US out of its existing location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.