Wiki Posts
Search

What can I do with 18,000 US Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
What can I do with 18,000 US Miles?

I have them, ready to expire soon. I am elite with United. Can I convert and use these for hotel rooms or anything worth while?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:51 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Unless you typically cut your elite qualification really close, just credit one 500 mile flight to US to extend the expiration of the miles until you can accrue a few more. Assuming you can spare the elite miles on your UA account, you should try and get 2,000 miles credited to the US account which will buy you up to enough for an off-peak coach award.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I agree with Beckles, BUT it is easier to extend the life of the miles by simpling crediting a hotel stay/car rental to your US account, or even sign up for e-mail statements if you havent already, that will at least suspend the life of the miles if you didnt want to actually credit credit a flight to DM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.