Quick ?: flying UA for US miles

Old Jan 9, 2004, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Quick ?: flying UA for US miles

If I'm flying a UA flight directly with UA (not a UA under US codeshare ticketing), will my DM show up on the boarding pass? If not, is there any way to confirm that they have my number entered, other than trusting the GA? Thanks.

------------------
--Wishing for you safe travels and for me Row 1 on the A330.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:02 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Envoy-

I have a boarding pass receipt in my hand right now and it basically looks like this at the top:

Last name/First name
US CHMN
US Dividend Mile number

From
To

UNITED

FLIGHT GATE SEAT
xxxx xxx xxx

BOARDING (Time)

(Date) (Booking class)
(Ticket number)

(Class of service)

Should all this information be on your ticket, you should be good to go. The only difference I noticed was that it took a day or two longer to post miles from UA as it did for US (two days after the flight).

If any of that is missing, then I'd be concerned if mileage will post properly.
Good luck.

[This message has been edited by A320 EOW (edited Jan 09, 2004).]
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:06 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I took a flight to HNL when the partnership first started and my credit posted for some segments and not for otheres. It was annoying and took several e-mails to the service center to get it resolved. Since then, my other two flights have posted right away with no problems. The boarding pass information posted above is spot on.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Excellent, clear, and quick answer. Many thanks!

------------------
--Wishing for you safe travels and for me Row 1 on the A330.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
If the info isn't on your BP, count on the miles not posting without a followup. When the partnership started it was common for the CSR to mess it up, say "Your number's in there, I don't know why it isn't on your boarding pass" and the miles not to post. Maybe now it's better.
Old May 2, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
How about this scenario: a UA ticket bought on cheapseats.com for a UA codeshare flight operated by US. The website wouldn't allow me to put in anything but a UA FF number, but I'd like to use my US Dividend Miles number. The UA ticket agents say, "sorry, you have to call US to put it in" and the US ones say, "sorry, you have to call UA"- any advice in resolving this would be most appreciated!

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2006, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
How about this scenario: a UA ticket bought on cheapseats.com for a UA codeshare flight operated by US. The website wouldn't allow me to put in anything but a UA FF number, but I'd like to use my US Dividend Miles number. The UA ticket agents say, "sorry, you have to call US to put it in" and the US ones say, "sorry, you have to call UA"- any advice in resolving this would be most appreciated!

Thanks.
The UA agents must enter the number. When you get to the airport, either check in @ the kiosk, which will allow you to enter your DM number, or have a TA enter it for you.

In any case, make sure your BP has all the info as outlined by A320 EOW above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.