Who is new Prince of Pain--King of GOM?

Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:55 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
By the counter, around 40 segments for around 120k status miles, or roughly 3k per flight.

In reality, the average stage length for me was about 1200-1400 miles. Stuff like PIT-SFO and return, PIT-LAX and return, PIT-SEA and return, PIT-LGW and return (and so forth).

And I've got 2 for around 5000 miles or so this year already.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 8:57 am

Big difference from 2001 for me when my ratio was only in triple digits.

Status Miles 122,500
Segments 69
Miles Per Segment Ratio 1775
Old Jan 9, 2003, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
73,232 miles - 42 segments
Old Jan 9, 2003, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Platinum
As of December statement:

114 Segments, 105,525 Preffered miles.

926 Miles/Segment.

That's my highest ever, but is badly skewed by the bonuses like everyone elses is. The only segment I relgularly do over 500 is PWM to PIT which is a whopping 555.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I flew to only 6 cities last year using USAirways: SFO, SEA, LAX, FRA, CDG, LGW
That about says it all I cannot post my numbers for fear of being throttled by my FTer friends.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 1:17 pm

Wow KV99! You really GOT OUT last year!
Old Jan 9, 2003, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kv99:
I flew to only 6 cities last year using USAirways: SFO, SEA, LAX, FRA, CDG, LGW
That about says it all I cannot post my numbers for fear of being throttled by my FTer friends.
</font>

Now you've got me curious. I did all transcons except 1 IAH and 1 LHR flight.

I also fear the US corporate browsers of this board.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

For Prince of Pain, Brattflyer is just being aced out by veliger. The numbers being 949 for bratflyer and 926 for veliger. Impressive for CPs . Lindyhopper and PersonalCare Chemist are right there at 956 and 964 respectively. gsoflyer (958) and rtpflyer (870) are right up there but have to get out more segments to challenge these hard core (or is it--hard butt) CPs although rtpflyer is at least a Duke right now.

CPRich and kv99 are being cryptic and along with YoffieLA seem to be leading the total miles pack; while Oxb may be the heir apparent to GOM efficency.

I knew those transcons I took would ruin my chance for Prince of Pain. Note that many of the Prince of Pain leaders are based in NC. I have learned to gulp my Finlandia vodka and tonic on the RDU-CLT flight .
Old Jan 9, 2003, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
CPRich-- Don't know for sure, but I still don't think my totals come near yours... for the record, I really did fly a lot last year and would have made CP anyway, but yes, nawlinsdoc, I did get out a lot as well!
Old Jan 10, 2003, 6:32 am
Original Poster

I got an email from CPRich and suffice it to say, he is getting more miles than a pilot on a 330. He has GOM than anyone else yet. He must be getting his commercial license by now for all the miles he is in the air.

His one year preferred miles accumulation is amazing. Those flights to IAH really hurt his ratio.

He is---oh heck---all hail the Emperor of Envoy .
Old Jan 10, 2003, 5:26 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Biggs--Imagine how much gulping you have to do on the GSO to CLT leg!
Old Jan 13, 2003, 6:08 am
Original Poster

I got an email from what I assume is a US board lurker that asserts that he set his friend up so that she got 87K on 4 segments. She may be the Queen of GOM but now I know why US shut down the operation. And I thought we were milking the system .
Old Jan 13, 2003, 7:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biggs:
that asserts that he set his friend up so that she got 87K on 4 segments. She may be the Queen of GOM but now I know why US shut down the operation. And I thought we were milking the system . </font>
Absolutely Biggs. That's just 2 RTs to France. I almost did the same thing to get the miles. People doing regular overseas trips have even defeated the great CPRich!
Old Jan 18, 2003, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biggs:
I got an email from CPRich and suffice it to say, he is getting more miles than a pilot on a 330. He has GOM than anyone else yet. He must be getting his commercial license by now for all the miles he is in the air.

His one year preferred miles accumulation is amazing. Those flights to IAH really hurt his ratio.

He is---oh heck---all hail the Emperor of Envoy .
</font>
As they say - Payback's a B&* *,

After 27 months of US transcons, I've been relegated to weekly hops on ERJs, CRJs, F-100's, etc. Since 11/22, when I moved on to a new client, I've been averaging a whopping 543 miles/segment.

It's all on UA/AA - I haven't flown US since Benny & co. put their brilliant marketing scheme in place (I guess it worked). I may have to retire/rename my UserName.

My upcoming TUL-LYS includes a US trans-atlantic, so the miles/seg will take a bit of a spike, but I'm there in spirit with the entire Pain royal family.

btw - shouting out "who's flying this Fokker?" after the FA welcome still elicits chuckles. I thought everyone had heard that by now.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
OK guys, time to post your 2003 Prince of Pain stats. Should be more of an even playing field now without all the combinable tier bonii.

Myself, I am done flying for the year. Ended up with 136K tier miles, but 53K was carryover. So my PoP ratio was 83K tier/50 seggies = 1660 miles per seggie.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.