Wiki Posts
Search

"Email Dividend Miles" --results?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
"Email Dividend Miles" --results?

How long does it take people to get a response from US on Dividend Miles issues. Im at 3 days now and the hold time on the phone is 10+ minutes. And they wonder why people choose Jetblue or Southwest...
Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:50 am

On the confirmation screen, they say up to 5 days or so. I had a problem last week that I submitted the form for and I think they took 2 days to get back to me.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 10:50 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
How long does it take people to get a response from US on Dividend Miles issues. Im at 3 days now and the hold time on the phone is 10+ minutes. And they wonder why people choose Jetblue or Southwest...</font>
I usually get an email response the next day or when I call, I talk to someone on the second or third ring.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 11:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdinino:
How long does it take people to get a response from US on Dividend Miles issues. Im at 3 days now and the hold time on the phone is 10+ minutes. And they wonder why people choose Jetblue or Southwest...</font>
1-2 days by email. Using the US2 (GP) number for DM CS, I generally get a live rep with no (or minimal) wait.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:14 pm

Everytime I use the email to correspond with DM center it take 4-6 days. Also, they never really solve the problem.

Now I always call and the problem is resolved. I would wait on the phone.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 9:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikeM6090:
Everytime I use the email to correspond with DM center it take 4-6 days. Also, they never really solve the problem. </font>
The 4-6 days is about my experience as well, but I find them very helpful via email, more than by phone. If not pressed for time, I always try to use email.

Old Nov 18, 2003, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
..still waiting...
Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:29 am

My last email to the DM center was on November 1 and was about online booking bonuses that did not post. Their response was canned saying, "You must allow 3 weeks for online booking bonues to post to your account". I responed with - "Well...is waiting since June long enough."

I waited another 4 days and got, "The flights you booked were sold through a travel agency and are not eligible for the bonus". Well...I did not book them through a travel agency, I booked them on the US Web site. So I had enough after 11 days of email conversations and called the DM center. Within 3 minutes they posted my bonus miles and also found another set of flights that should have had the online booking bonus which I originally missed.

Just my experience. Now I call.

[This message has been edited by MikeM6090 (edited Nov 18, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by MikeM6090 (edited Nov 18, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.