Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Connection Time

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2003, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

AMS Connection Time

The return leg of an early December trip routes me KLR-CPH-AMS-PHL. CPH-AMS is on SK and the connection time in AMS is 55 minutes. I did this routing last year and seem to remember arriving at one end of AMS and departing form the opposite end (quite a distance), but I had maye 2 hours in AMS. As I won't have a US BP, will I make this connection?
Old Nov 5, 2003, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
My take: No. AMS' layout make any EU-US connection between non-KL-affiliated airlines a trip of it's own.

According to the airport map on

http://www.schiphol.nl/schiphol/cont...=1068090801872

the airport itself suggests a walking-time between C-pier (where I think SAS will arrive at) and G-Pier (where US will probably depart from) of 29 minutes, which is probably an optimistic estimate given the usual delays at immigration...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 6, 2003, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I think you'll make it, assuming everything is on time.

It is a 25 minute walk. You'll need to go through EU exit procedures, which won't take much time, to get into the other part of Schiphol but in general I think you can do it without too much worry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.