Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Double Miles Bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2003, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Oh my!! I just called and got entered too. WOW!! BBB must like us sometimes.

Old May 11, 2003, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by trvlr64:

</font>
Did you give them the code or just ask to be signed up for double miles?

Old May 11, 2003, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GadgetFreak:
Originally posted by trvlr64:

</font>

I called and gave them the code and told them I did not think I was targeted. I was on hold for about two minutes and she cme back on and told me was now signed up.

Old May 11, 2003, 7:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I live at SWF, halfway between ALB and LGA. Last year I was on a contract that had me on a plane every week. This year, not a single flight (Leaving for BRU next week, but US doesnt fly there).

Signed up as I may need to go to DFW soon.
Old May 11, 2003, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GadgetFreak:
Originally posted by trvlr64:

</font>

Gave the CP agent the code number, and to quote Emeril.....BHAM! Thanks Midge!! Now I will be more of a cockroach than before!!

Old May 11, 2003, 8:16 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Note that many of us have been "signed up" both electronically and by calling the service center. I haven't seen a posting from anybody who has received miles from a promotion that they weren't originally targeted for.

Whatever the glitch was that allowed GOM to run mileage accounts up last year, it has certainly been fixed.
Old May 12, 2003, 4:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
Note that many of us have been "signed up" both electronically and by calling the service center. I haven't seen a posting from anybody who has received miles from a promotion that they weren't originally targeted for.

Whatever the glitch was that allowed GOM to run mileage accounts up last year, it has certainly been fixed.
</font>
Has this been active long enough for us to know this? I was planning on signing up and buying like 30,000 plus miles worth of tickets, it matters

Old May 12, 2003, 10:56 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Has this been active long enough for us to know this? I was planning on signing up and buying like 30,000 plus miles worth of tickets, it matters

</font>
No, this one just started....but there have been other similar TARGETED double mile deals prior to this.

If the service center told you that you were signed up, maybe you should get it in writing. That way if the miles never appear you have something to go back to them with.
Old May 12, 2003, 1:40 pm

This is so frustrating.
Me- DM, GOM, flown 8 flights for 03, and PHL - NO TARGETTED PROMOTIONS

Boyfriend - Silver, did not GOM, 0 flights for 03, and PHL- NO TARGETTED PROMOTIONS

We haven't received any promotional postcards and it seems that the only thing similar between myself and my boyfriend is that we both live together in suburban PHL.

Ah- the punishment for living in a hub city. Aka: Forced Loyalty.
Old May 13, 2003, 12:12 pm

Programs: US CP, HP Platinum,UA nobody

</font>
I called CP desk to ask to be targeted
and registered for this, and registered
online as a backup. Took PHL-PHX and PHX-PIT
May 10th (first day of promo). Flight miles
and CP miles posted 2 days later, but no
immediate autopost of promo 2x miles. About
to call. The answer I suppose is NO!!!
Old May 13, 2003, 12:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gar777:
I called CP desk to ask to be targeted
and registered for this, and registered
online as a backup. Took PHL-PHX and PHX-PIT
May 10th (first day of promo). Flight miles
and CP miles posted 2 days later, but no
immediate autopost of promo 2x miles. About
to call. The answer I suppose is NO!!!
</font>
Oh please do share the answer. Im holding off buying the tickets. Enquiring minds want to know!

[This message has been edited by GadgetFreak (edited 05-13-2003).]
Old May 14, 2003, 8:41 am

I was not targeted for this promotion (2374). Called the Gold Service Center on Monday (5/12) and asked if I was eligible to be enrolled. The CSR told me immediately that I had not been targeted, but she would see what she could do... first she would have to see if I was registered for any other promos. She came back and said that since I wasn't registered for any, she could register me for this one. I had just flown the day before (5/11), and asked if that flight would get the bonus. She said it would because it had not yet been posted. She said when it posts, the bonus would also post. The flight and bonus were both posted today: R&R DOUBLE MILE BONUS
Old May 15, 2003, 12:19 am

I flew on Monday, registered online and also called CP. I got the name of the person I spoke to, she said I was all registered. I'm not currently registered for any other promos. But my miles just posted for my trip and I didn't get the bonus miles.
Old May 15, 2003, 4:43 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Register for a Chance to Win Double Tier Miles Systemwide!

US Airways is pleased to announce a lottery for Double Tier Miles. Winning members can earn double miles on nonstop and direct flights through December 15, 2003.

To qualify, register one time before your next flight by completing the form below, calling your CP Personal Liaison, saying three Hail Mary's and asking your congressman to intervene on your behalf.

Terms and Conditions: Registration is required multiple times prior to departure for a chance to qualify. Bonus miles do not count toward E-Upgrades. Offer is applicable on published adult fares on US Airways. Bonus miles can only be posted to a member's Dividend Miles account for flights on which the member has chosen to earn Dividend Miles. Schedules subject to change with or without notice. This offer may not be combined with other flight bonus offers. Retroactive mileage credit will not be given prior to registration. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. Many will enter, few will win.

[This message has been edited by gardener (edited 05-15-2003).]
Old May 15, 2003, 6:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by umguy:
I flew on Monday, registered online and also called CP. I got the name of the person I spoke to, she said I was all registered. I'm not currently registered for any other promos. But my miles just posted for my trip and I didn't get the bonus miles.</font>
Check again. I also noticed that my miles got posted first, and the bonus was posted later in the night. The program that posts bonus miles must run later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.