Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who post here on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2003, 4:22 pm

Welcome back Oxb,

IIRC, you were the one who found the elusive 6th (or was it 7th or 8th) GOM code.
Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:02 pm

Programs: lots
PIT! (obviously) GO STEELERS!
21 years of age
graduated from carnegie mellon in '02
I work for a company that makes healthcare software, so i travel (almost exclusively on US-if its too expensive I'll go with the cheaper option, which usually ends up being delta... I HATE delta)

purdueflyer... please email me- i'm trying to start flying, and I live in Pittsburgh, maybe you can help me out.

[This message has been edited by pitsheel (edited 06-23-2003).]
Old Jun 23, 2003, 8:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileshound:
Welcome back Oxb,
IIRC, you were the one who found the elusive 6th (or was it 7th or 8th) GOM code.
</font>
That's why he's famous in my book. I just wish he would have piped up sooner!!!

Public Health Physician. (Soon to be Raleighdoc)
Old Jun 23, 2003, 9:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
I'm a late 30s professor at a liberal-arts college in Central PA. I fly out of Harrisburg (MDT) generally.

Usually get barely 25,000 miles per year, about half for conferences and research, and half for leisure.

I started off flying Piedmont out of Baltimore (BWI) to go to college 20 years ago.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 5:05 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileshound:
Welcome back Oxb,

</font>
It was the 6th and I remember it well...

Like JFK's shooting and 9/11, I will always remember where I was when I read oxb's post re: the elusive 6th GOM code - at the desk in a Courtyard by Marriott in ATL. IIRC, he discovered the postcard in a pile of papers on his desk near the end of the Summer of GOM.

Old Jun 24, 2003, 6:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nawlinsdoc:

Public Health Physician. (Soon to be Raleighdoc)
</font>
It's getting crowded here. First, we let geo1004/1005 in, now we let you in?
Welcome to Raleigh.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 6:45 am

Programs: A shadow of my former self
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DivMiler:
I'm a late 30s professor at a liberal-arts college in Central PA.</font>
It's not my alma mater, Bucknell University, is it?

David
Old Jun 24, 2003, 7:03 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gardener:
IIRC, he discovered the postcard in a pile of papers on his desk near the end of the Summer of GOM.

</font>
Yes, you do "RC" I wish that I had paid more attention to it.

Perhaps this deserves a new topic, but does anyone have any conjecture on the criteria for being targetted by tripleB or whomever? Last year I only had an AMS trip in Jan and a LGW trip in May before I got the postcard. I would guess that there must have been some pattern on how the various codes were targetted.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 9:40 am

Mid 30's sales guy for a money management firm - work out of philly but most clients west of the rockies.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:24 am
ATC

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
Like JFK's shooting and 9/11, conspiracy theories abound. I recall wondering why the 6th code (that nobody else received) was posted by a new poster. My paranoia glands kicked in, so I never entered the code. I thought that it might be a dummy code: a cheap and efficient way for US Airways to figure out who was gleaning codes off web-sites...

I considered posting my something-short-of-a-hunch, but opted for dignity. I didn't want others to know how paranoid I had become.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gardener:
It was the 6th and I remember it well...

Like JFK's shooting and 9/11, I will always remember where I was when I read oxb's post re: the elusive 6th GOM code - at the desk in a Courtyard by Marriott in ATL.
</font>
Old Jun 25, 2003, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Almost 50, married 25 to same woman, no kids, Director of Finance for Marriott International. On the road 2-3 weeks a month, racking up about 200K annually. Love to fly US, but most of my travel this year has been on CO (since I decided to stop putting all my eggs in the same basket when bankruptcy occurred). Already achieved Platinum for 2004 on CO, so now switching back to US to make up for lost time and keep CP status for next year, which shouldn't be a problem since I just crossed the 50K mark and GP status. Have earned over 2 million miles on US over the years, so I'm a big advocate of the million mile program.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 4:50 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
Almost 50, married 25 to same woman, no kids, Director of Finance for Marriott International. On the road 2-3 weeks a month, racking up about 200K annually. Love to fly US, but most of my travel this year has been on CO </font>
Good luck redeeming those points for anything decent. Forget BizFirst seats to any destination without blowing the full award. And, upgrades to BizFirst. HA! I trash CO's OnePass program every chance I get due to horrible experiences, despite racking up many miles on them years ago and having the door slammed in my face when I tried redeeming them for anything of use.

Old Jun 25, 2003, 6:05 pm

Raleighdoc- nice to see another MD on the board, I'm an ophthalmology resident who moved to NYC from PHL last year and flew USAirways EVERY single roundtrip I took to RDU when I was in college.

I now use USAirways for transatlantic and UA for transpacific- one flight on each per year gets me silver.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 9:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by schistosomiasis:
Raleighdoc- nice to see another MD on the board</font>
Schisto, I have actually conversed by email with another MD and know Overpaidslacker is also an MD, so we are definitely on the board in mass quantities.

Thanks for the welcome, Biggs.

I guess I could be "The poster located in Raleigh formerly known as nawlinsdoc".
Old Jun 26, 2003, 5:15 am

"Overpaidslacker is also an MD, so we are definitely on the board in mass quantities."

If you are on board in mass quantities, how come I never meet you when the call comes out for medical assistance? Seems to happen 5-6 times a year, usually when I am ready for a nap. The last time it happened, I got a letter from USAirways. Never before, not even when I did CPR for 1/2 hour at the gate in PBH.

Jane in PHL ( Middle-aged ER/Adult nurse practitioner, woring part time, traveling for pleasure, and working hard this year to make CP without GOM)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.