Getting credit for a UA flight that didn't post

Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by jkzahn
As long as your status showed up, you are good to go. If your status is missing, chances are you are going to have problems....................another pointer.....if you use a corporate travel agency and only want to receive US credit - have them remove your UA number from your profile. I have had immense trouble with this. When the agents make the reserve, they just attach all of my numbers and see which one sticks...and even if I tell them (or UA) that I want US credit, for some reason the system insists on grabbing my UA number every time.
That is not necessarily the case. My status showed up, but the number was missing from the system. I learned the hard way. No more fax number--have to mail in the request (even CP's). Anyway, another tip is if your zone is not Zone 1, and you are a CP, there is something screwy and ask them to look again. Sometimes, they will say it is in there, but tell them to take a closer look and they will say, "oh, you are right, that's weird". Anyway, always ask the UA person to check their system on all legs.

A funny aside...I took a UA flight recently and the ticket agent said, we are not a partner with US--and was very indignent when she said it. I snapped back, she cracked up, and said, JUST KIDDING.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:41 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Does anyone know how to enter a Dividend Miles number when buying a UA ticket for UA metal through Orbitz, itn.net or the like? I bought a UA ticket for a trip this weekend through Orbitz (since the UA website always crashes when I try to book the trips I want), called UA to put in my Dividend Miles number when I couldn't put it in through Orbitz, and was given an Economy Plus seat, which I thought would have meant that my DM number was thus in the reservation; it wasn't, as I learned at the airport.

Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by USLurker
That is not necessarily the case. My status showed up, but the number was missing from the system. I learned the hard way. No more fax number--have to mail in the request (even CP's). Anyway, another tip is if your zone is not Zone 1, and you are a CP, there is something screwy and ask them to look again. Sometimes, they will say it is in there, but tell them to take a closer look and they will say, "oh, you are right, that's weird". Anyway, always ask the UA person to check their system on all legs.

A funny aside...I took a UA flight recently and the ticket agent said, we are not a partner with US--and was very indignent when she said it. I snapped back, she cracked up, and said, JUST KIDDING.
Kind of reminds me of the US agent here in CLT who was apparently not aware that we lowly Silvers also have unlimited upgrades on domestic flights......??!?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by goheelswks
Kind of reminds me of the US agent here in CLT who was apparently not aware that we lowly Silvers also have unlimited upgrades on domestic flights......??!?
Which one? The same 30-something (?) blondish one who didn't know that HPN and LGA are co-terminals, even when the ticket rules I had listing NYC co-terminals was put in front of her face?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Does anyone know how to enter a Dividend Miles number when buying a UA ticket for UA metal through Orbitz, itn.net or the like?
My summer internship company uses Orbitz as its corporate travel provider, and I haven't found a way yet. I have to call UA every time. Typically, the supervisor overrides to get me into E+ but I still have to enter my US# into the kiosk to get it to really be in there.

Another note - I flew a UA connection the other day, and my US number/status showed up on leg 1 but not leg 2. I asked agents in SMF and DEN to try reprinting leg 2 and neither one could get it (obviously I'm guarding that stub closely). Does anyone know the right way to ensure we get credit for connections?
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:36 pm

More (*$()#*$) from US Airways: I took UA and the miles didn't post to my US account. I sent the boarding passes along with the part of my credit card bill showing the ticket number, dates, price and airports for the ticket on it (ie, a receipt) to the Dividend Miles Service Center. Their response: "you have to send the E-Ticket receipt from UA as well to get credit." So I called UA and was told that E-Ticket receipts aren't available more than seven days after a flight. I told that to the DMSC. Their response: "You have to send the E-Ticket receipt to us. You can't get credit otherwise."

Stuff like this makes me so steamed. I can see that they need proof that I took the flights, but there needs to be room for reasonableness, which US hasn't shown me in ages.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.