Wiki Posts
Search

Better UA phone numbers for US CP?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, 2MM Mile
Better UA phone numbers for US CP?

I'm US CP and used to quick phone pickups. When flying United, if I have to change a seat assignment or other, I have to call the general UA number, which us usually AT LEAST a 15 minute wait. Is there a better way to contact UA (or can the CP desk do anything?)

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
You don't have an email posted --call up Mileage Plus customer service and see if they'll give you one of the Premier numbers -- unlikely they'll give you the 1K number.

If you have a problem, get back to us.

I'm not sure how much good it'll do you however--even the 1K number has had terrible hold times of late.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
When placed on extended ignore hit ZERO 4 times fast. It will get you right into an agent. I did it last week. It works.

Old Apr 26, 2003, 9:27 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Call and request a comp membership in UA MP based upon your US status. I did this and was immediately handed Premium Exec status.

Now I have a UA phone number that they actually answer.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 10:03 am
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
I'm a UA 1K (CP equiv) - called US reservations yesterday to check on my upcoming trip to ireland in May. I asked the agent if she would give me the CP line based on my UA status, and she cheerfully gave me the number...so....email me and I will let you know who to call that number...
Old Apr 26, 2003, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by J-H:
I'm a UA 1K (CP equiv) - called US reservations yesterday to check on my upcoming trip to ireland in May. I asked the agent if she would give me the CP line based on my UA status, and she cheerfully gave me the number...so....email me and I will let you know who to call that number...</font>
Let us know if it works. You need to put in your DM number for all the elite lines and I believe you get routed to the proper center. I remember the one year I dropped from CP to PrefPlus, I tried the CP line and got 'transferred' to the PrefPlus number.

[This message has been edited by CPRich (edited 04-26-2003).]
Old Apr 26, 2003, 11:01 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Yeah I can call the Chairman's Preferred number all I like (to yearn for the good ole days I guess) but after entering my DM# I will be transferred to the Silver Desk. It's just useful since I've already memorized that number and can still use it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.