Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!!! A Cockroach on my Lapel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2002, 9:58 am

Programs: SWA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
OK! The early concensus is a "secret" or "in" joke! I can support that!

QUESTION??

What if word gets out and this thing starts to get out of control? Then what?
</font>

PineyBob- like you said, it's a "secret" or "in" joke. There has been enough press coverage of the trials and tribulations of US Air's "marketing" and our reaction to it. Out of control? Like having security stopping anyone with a cockroack pin from boarding?

Like you said a while back, this falls into the tough love catagory. If we hated US Air, we would stop flying them.
Old Nov 10, 2002, 11:43 am
Original Poster

No out of control as in CNN gets hold of the story somehow.
Old Nov 10, 2002, 3:41 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
No out of control as in CNN gets hold of the story somehow. </font>
Ben better act fast to mend his bridges -- that might have been Lou Dobbs getting his feet wet asking how to earn miles...

Good first step with the CP mile carryover thing (although I suspect that it's a "me too" rather than an olive branch but I'm in a forgiving mood at the moment...)

Now he and his buddy Mike need to show that they really do care and engage in dialog with people who don't start their letters with "I applaud your recent changes..."

And I still want to know what the 17 letter expletive was
Old Nov 10, 2002, 4:27 pm

The airline keeps make reasons for people to not fly the airline (no standby, change fees, bankruptcy,etc).

They need to be an industry leader to give people a reason TO fly them and not someone else.

The average customer says that they are in bankruptcy, why should I fly them. My miles are useless, they have standby/change fees, etc.

They need to have a benefit that nobody else has then market it. Trying to nickle and dime the existing customer base is not going to do it.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 7:22 am

It is tough love. I used to love this airline, now we are in counseling and a trial separation. Put me down for $100 worth of pins to give out to any other cockroaches I find on my few booked flights. Also want to give them out to some of the great agents I have dealt with after they ask "what is that".

I vote for B.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Irabk,
E-mail me off line let's light this candle! They will make wonderful Christmas gifts for the FF who has everything!

Old Nov 11, 2002, 8:28 am

Count me in for a dozen.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Count me in for 1. Now, whether I fly them much anymore after the latest bonus fiasco...
Old Nov 11, 2002, 7:04 pm
ATC

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
I feel so lonely.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 7:58 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I'm in for a couple. It is only a matter of time before Ben & Dave revert to their full on assault of VFF.
It will be a good icebreaker when I am waiting at an airport because I refuse to pay the standby fee or better yet standing in a plane in PHL waiting for the jetway driver to show up.

I vote option "B"

[This message has been edited by foodguy (edited 11-11-2002).]
Old Nov 13, 2002, 9:32 pm

Programs: SWA
OK, now we are getting serious.

After speaking with my vendor, PineyBob and my art guy, the infamous "cockroach on my lapel" pin is coming together and looking like a go.

I have set up an e-mail account for this project: [email protected] (this account may not be up until 11/14 in the evening). Drop me a line and include your guestimate of what you would like. If we can come close to the production run, we are in business and I will reply with further details. If not, I will go back and reprice at lower quantity.

Design: Metalic black finish cockroach pin with United States flag (in light grey/white) on it's back.

Projected cost: $3.50 ea based on a production run of 250.

Shipping:
UPS Ground is recommended as package can be tracked ($3.50-$4.00 domestic USA).
US Snail Mail - probably $.37, take a shot.

Tentative delivery date:
With a little luck, in your hands by mid December. Running into holiday shipments/mail, early January.

Old Nov 13, 2002, 9:47 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
You should take out an ad in Attache for the cockroach pins, wouldn't that ruin Ben's day!
Old Nov 14, 2002, 5:11 am

One company that sells pins and other merchandise advertised back in October. One of their featured designs was the old Delta widget with the small text reading "Award of Excellence" or something like that.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 5:50 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irabk:
I have set up an e-mail account for this project: [email protected]...</font>
Shouldn't that be [email protected] ???
Old Nov 14, 2002, 5:59 am

We ought to get together a brochure to go with this. A little something that explains the movement that we could pass out to interested parties. I imagine that most of the core material is scattered around in the various threads since Black Tuesday. Are there any marketing types who could pull it all together in a coherent fashion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.