Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!!! A Cockroach on my Lapel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2002, 8:35 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
I am prepared to fund a portion of this endeavor...</font>
Me too. At least up to the cost of a V ticket

Old Nov 9, 2002, 8:42 am

I'd in for a cockroach preferred pin.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 9:14 am

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I'm also in for at least two pins.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 9:15 am

Programs: SWA
First of all, sorry for the $1.00-$200 typo. It should have been $1-2 (fat, excited fingers), and that is just a guess rigt now. The minimum production run will probably be around 250 (+/-) units.

I called my vendor and she is searching for cockroach pin suppliers. The next step is to settle on a design.

A) Black cockroach with united states flag in blue & grey on it's back (no legal issues with US logo).

B) Black cockroach sitting on above mentioned flag.

Chime in here with other designs.

As I do this regularly at work (coordinate between artists and vendors) I understand that this section of the process is like making sausages and laws, ugly to watch.

Old Nov 9, 2002, 10:13 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by irabk:
Chime in here with other designs.</font>
A cockroach scurrying across the upper left corner of a storm drain would work nicely...

A plain, unadorned cockroach would also be quite acceptable.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I vote for design "B" but either of ours or Tom's suggestion is fine with me. Assuming we get this whole thing together in time for christmas and all of us who wants pins gets them. The next step IMHO is to publicise them and our reasons for taking this unique and unusual step.

Once we get the initial distributed/sold what hen is the goal of all of this? To have a little fun or to create a "movement" that will publicize how the big six continue screwing their most loyal customers?

We could have a Cockroach OF The Year Award.

Most Cockroach Unfriendly Airline.

The list of ideas and possibilities are endless
Old Nov 9, 2002, 12:35 pm

Count me in for a few!! What ever design is fine with me
Old Nov 9, 2002, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
I'd get a couple.
Design B sounds best.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC, WN, AA
Design B definitely. And I'll take one. Especially now that it looks like I'll be coming back to the US Airways fold, after my extended absence.

[This message has been edited by SonOfACockroach (edited 11-09-2002).]
Old Nov 9, 2002, 1:50 pm

I love to have a good time and joke around but....

I have to admit I am unsure about this. What we do in the "privacy" of FT or at a FT gathering is one thing. To bring it out in the open is another thing.

I do not enjoy public embarrassment of anyone or any organization.

These are tough times and we need our investment in US to survive. Just the rumor that US don’t like their passengers, coupled with the bankruptcy, will cause many people to choose other carriers.

I for one need want this airline to survive. I have a lot of miles at stake.

I also don't want to embarrass the front line staff. We have a beef with management and not them.

If I order one, it would be for any FT gathering I attend(if I ever can make one).
Old Nov 9, 2002, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Mileshound raises a very valid point! I thought of the positive aspects of publisizing this little tongue in check venture. My position is this

I LOVE US AIR! PERIOD!
Frankly my feelings are hurt!
I am stone cold loyal to this airline!
I AM doing this as a way to let management know that those who love you best feel unapreciated. Heck when I arrange a business trip for a group we ALL go US Air. I bring business with me.
I truly believe that managed properly US AIR could become the premier airline in the world in terms of custome service and satisfaction AND Profit. I remember in MSY, my co worker remarking to me on the staff rushing us through so we could make an earlier flight. "WOW, Delta would never do that for me and I am the same status as you over there" Nuff said!
I view the whole "cockroach' publicity stunt to fall into the "tough Love" category.

The above would be my "talkingPoints" if we went public.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
PineyBob, I am with mileshound. This airline has been very good to me for many years. Thier frontline employees still are. OK, Baldanza made an ... out of himself with a statement or two - and some yahoo tried to blame us for the GOM fiasco that they allowed to happen. Otherwise it has been 18 good years.

What we say to the management in the Crystal Palace is one thing. Let's not embarrass the frontline employees who do a great job in spite of fearing losing their jobs every day.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 6:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gardener:
PineyBob, I am with mileshound. This airline has been very good to me for many years. Thier frontline employees still are. OK, Baldanza made an ... out of himself with a statement or two - and some yahoo tried to blame us for the GOM fiasco that they allowed to happen. Otherwise it has been 18 good years.

What we say to the management in the Crystal Palace is one thing. Let's not embarrass the frontline employees who do a great job in spite of fearing losing their jobs every day.
</font>
Give the front line people some credit -- they know who's at fault and who is being held to account here. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if a very healthy "market" for these pins developed among the employees...

Management has the power to stop this from from happening -- all they need to do is reach out to us with sincere, believable and verifiable steps to repair the damage. The mere act of reaching out would win 80% of the battle.

In the meantime we should proceed. I'd like to have a pin ready just in case I ever run into a US Airway's executive on my journeys.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 11:30 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'm just concerned that the cockroach connotation that we all understand here would not mean anything to your typical Joe Flyer 'eww, what's that on his lapel' or even USAirways employees. Maybe something a bit more obvious?

I like the idea of some sort of identification for fellow USAirways Flyertalkers (since we are somewhat of a unique subgroup, with an airline that's in quite disarray but also with a much smaller group than United, for example) ..

Old Nov 10, 2002, 6:16 am
Original Poster

OK! The early concensus is a "secret" or "in" joke! I can support that!

QUESTION??

What if word gets out and this thing starts to get out of control? Then what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.