Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!!! A Cockroach on my Lapel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:15 am
ATC

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
hey, don't get me wrong. I love the cockroach movement. but I know myself, and I do tend to get slightly paranoid after three gin and tonics, and 6,000 foot cabin altitude. I just don't want to experience a twilight-zone moment stepping out of the First Class lavatory only to see an entire compartment of cockroach-wearing passengers staring and smiling at me.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Producer gets my vote! Humor is a very effective way to communicate. Wait until the media gets hold of this. I will personally call WPVI and the other PHL Stations if someone will take care of the other hubs. It will be fun and actually help US Air when they see us on TV touting our loyalty and at the same time making our point to the rest of the airline industry in a humorous and light hearted way.

I personally want to invite MR. Siegel to don his Austin Powers costume for a publicity stunt in PHL for the cameras, GOD this has endless possibilities. I could make him an honarary cockroach and put a lapel pin on him while Channel 6 films the silliness. Have the FA notice his lapel pin and make him sit in the middle seat in the last row of Coach.

E-mail me off line when you find out the particulars regarding cost. I AM serious as a heart attack on this! If we are doing this then lets do it! Time to put up or shut up.

Oh and BTW, pee on the shark for me! We're just getting started! Cockroaches are stubborn and hard to kill! US is about to find this out.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Just a PS to the above! I have had the opportunity to speak on several occassions recently with several US employees and I accidently when ask for my DM Number said "I am a Cockroach Preffered" then gave the number. The surprise was on all occassions no one EVER questioned my description of myself. So they know about us! And each time I mentioned it they seem to get more kissy face and nice. The Lapel pin will push them over the edge LOL
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PineyBob:
Cockroaches are stubborn and hard to kill! US is about to find this out.</font>
Cockroaches have been around almost since the beginning of time and they will exist long after this planet is fried. We will still be cockroaches, maybe not on US if it goes extinct, but on another carrier. I can see Leo and Don starting to get out the bug spray.

Old Nov 8, 2002, 12:36 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ATC:
hey, don't get me wrong. I love the cockroach movement. but I know myself, and I do tend to get slightly paranoid after three gin and tonics, and 6,000 foot cabin altitude. I just don't want to experience a twilight-zone moment stepping out of the First Class lavatory only to see an entire compartment of cockroach-wearing passengers staring and smiling at me. </font>
Most of Crystal City shares your nightmare, apparently.....

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biggs:
Cockroaches have been around almost since the beginning of time and they will exist long after this planet is fried. We will still be cockroaches, maybe not on US if it goes extinct, but on another carrier. I can see Leo and Don starting to get out the bug spray.

</font>
Not to worry, we've managed to outlive Raid, Black Flag, and silly plans to eliminate discounted FF status miles.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 2:10 pm

I'll take one.

[This message has been edited by ThisFlightNoFuel (edited 11-08-2002).]
Old Nov 8, 2002, 2:14 pm

Lurking on the AA board, I found that they are starting to call themselves cockroaches. They have suggested a new term (cockroAAches) because we had it first. I think we should trademark "cockroach preferred" before someone else steals it. We are the first real cockroaches and have to give thanks to Ben B. for letting us multiply so fast and scurrying to all the other carriers.

Geez--to think when I was in college, a roach had a completely different meaning .
Old Nov 8, 2002, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by biggs:
Geez--to think when I was in college, a roach had a completely different meaning . </font>
LOL! Never made that connection!

Old Nov 8, 2002, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Geez--to think when I was in college, a roach had a completely different meaning . </font>
In line with that comment, I present to you the ditty from LHR Tim

La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
Ya no puede caminar;
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marijuana que fumar.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 4:16 pm

Programs: United Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ATC:
deelmakur deelmakur: MAKE THIS MADNESS STOP!

you started it. Tom Bascom and nawlinsdoc breathed life into it. PineyBob is now attempting to create a movement. (atc notes that it jumped the shark way back in, oh, october.)

so only you, deelmakur, possess the power and gravitas to bring this cockroach mania to a fitting and dignified end. an end that it richly deserves.
</font>
I had a dream last week that jkzahn woke up to find a bloodied cockroach head in his bed.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
I want one! ! But let's get them color coordinated according to our "status".....HELL I'd pay over a buck for a platinum colored cockroach to designate me as a Chairman's Preferred.

Old Nov 8, 2002, 7:43 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I almost forgot... how many miles do we get for each pin that we buy?

Is it ok if we pay with unused non-refundable tickets?
Old Nov 8, 2002, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

I am prepared to fund a portion of this endeavor and I am reluctant to profit from this. Irabk had the contact for the pins. We need to hear from him.

Depending on cost, I think you should beprepared to pay for the first one. Additional one could be awarded on a longest trip for lowest price in true cockroach fashion.
Old Nov 8, 2002, 10:18 pm

I just want my royalties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.