Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing names on e-ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2003, 9:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Heinrich:
Did this male employee have to go in drag? I hope he got bonus pay..</font>
No. The tickets were made to First Initial and Last Name, although the FF account had the full name.

Let me reconsider my answer. He may have gone in drag, but it was not a pre-requisite.

Bonus pay? Not sure. She paid her folks very well and they were quite devoted. For an employee who was mostly deskbound, it was exciting.

[This message has been edited by AtlanticBeach (edited 04-05-2003).]
Old Apr 5, 2003, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
I have gotten a named changed on a ticket before. I went out to the airport and they printed our e tix to paper, issued an involuntary reroute and made a new reservation. I was traveling in a group and three of the tickets had to change names. This was May 2002. Like everything in the airline industry, it all depends on who you get.

Old Apr 5, 2003, 10:26 am

Programs: UA *G MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TomBascom:
I did it more than once. Back in the bad old days nobody cared much. Requiring an ID to match the ticket was one of the early steps down the slippery slope of rules and restrictions that has landed them where they are. (Checking an ID before boarding is a perfectly valid security thing -- non-transferability of tickets is a naked abuse of consumers. Misleading consumers into thinking that A implies B is the sort of thing that only an airline executive would think is ok.)</font>
Exactly. IIRC, TWA 800 caused them to implement the ID policy in 1995.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 12:17 am

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Southwest essentially allows a name change when reusing funds from a previously unused ticket. But John Doe cannot use a reservation issued (paper or ticketless) in the name of Mary Smith.

Funds from an unused WN ticket are may be used a credit against the purchase of another ticket for one year from the originate date of issue. The pax name on the new ticket does not have to be the same as the name on the original unused ticket.

To the best of my knowledge, all other U.S. airlines specific tickets are non-transferable.

[Edited for typo.]

[This message has been edited by Nevada1K (edited 04-06-2003).]
Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:03 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nevada1K:
Southwest essentially allows a name change when reusing funds from a previously unused ticket. But John Doe cannot use a reservation issued (paper or ticketless) in the name of Mary Smith.

Funds from an unused WN ticket are may be used a credit against the purchase of another ticket for one year from the originate date of issue. The pax name on the new ticket does not have to be the same as the name on the original unused ticket.

To the best of my knowledge, all other U.S. airlines specific tickets are non-transferable.

[Edited for typo.]

[This message has been edited by Nevada1K (edited 04-06-2003).]
</font>
In a sense you can go this route with a US Airways ticket too. But you'll pay change fees and add/collects that drain most tickets of any residual value. Yet another example of how Southwest "gets it" and the legacy carriers don't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.