Help! Need Quick Access to US to Change Flight

Old Feb 16, 2003, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Help! Need Quick Access to US to Change Flight

Right now I've been on hold 75 mins to change a LGA-DCA flight due to today's blizzard. Any suggestions if there is a number to reach a human voice quickly? I am GP.
Thanks-
Old Feb 16, 2003, 2:31 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
You might just go to Penn station and grab a train. They're still running, albeit on a delayed schedule.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 5:11 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
The FAA is currently saying that BWI and DCA will both be closed until 12pm EST on 2/17.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 12:06 pm

Keep holding and someone should answer!

I was told the wait time was 58 minutes this morning. I waited on the phone. Got through in over 58 minutes.

Good to have a speakerphone so you can stay on the phone while not physically having the phone stay on you!
Old Feb 17, 2003, 12:15 pm

As a CP my hold time was about 30 seconds this morning at about 9:30.

An excellent job by US.

Especially considering the VRU for flight info was busy and the web site times out trying to get flight info.

Old Feb 17, 2003, 12:23 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
I think CPs roll from the CP queue to the very top of the regular queues, which is probably why your call went right thru.

Were I not CP and faced with flying during this weather, I'd simply drive to the airport to make alternate arrangements--it would probably be quicker...

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 11:39 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
At least you were put on hold - Now when I try to speak to a human I either get a message saying "use the Internet or call back later" or a busy signal.

I guess I should have been more proactive about exchanging my paper upgrades for e-upgrades...
Old Feb 18, 2003, 11:48 am

Programs: DM,A+,UAMP,PriorityClub,WNRR
Meanwhile there are 250+ unemployed res agents in MCO enjoying the warm weather while collecting nice severence paychecks and unemployment......cheers!
Old Feb 18, 2003, 7:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I immediately thought of you folks when US wouldn't even transfer me to the elevator music...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.