FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   Shuttle Six Times Miles Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/117994-shuttle-six-times-miles-promotion.html)

mktozd Jan 10, 2003 8:50 am

Shuttle Six Times Miles Promotion

Anyone have any idea how to get both FF numbers registered?

Earn Six Times the Miles
on US Airways Shuttle

Every Hour. Like Clockwork.

Members can earn triple Dividend Miles and triple United Mileage Plus miles when flying the US Airways Shuttle between Boston, New York LaGuardia and Reagan Washington National from January 1, 2003 through March 31, 2003.

To earn triple Dividend Miles:

Register one-time before your next flight by completing the form below.
Provide your Dividend Miles account number when making a reservation on the US Airways Shuttle or when you check in for your Shuttle flight.
Members who previously registered for the Triple Miles offer with bonus number 5236 will be automatically registered for this offer.
To earn triple United Mileage Plus miles:

Provide your Mileage Plus account number when making a reservation on the US Airways Shuttle or when you check in for your Shuttle flight.
To earn triple Dividend Miles and triple United Mileage Plus miles:

Register one-time before your next flight by completing the form below.
Provide your Dividend Miles and Mileage Plus account numbers when making a reservation on the US Airways Shuttle or when you check in for your Shuttle flight.
For Shuttle reservations made at usairways.com only one frequent flyer number can be entered. Simply provide either your Dividend Miles or Mileage Plus number during the online reservations process and provide the other number when checking in for your Shuttle flight.

Complete Terms and Conditions

Triple Dividend Miles Bonus:

One-time registration is required prior to departure to earn triple Dividend Miles (1,500 miles per flight) on Shuttle flights

Offer valid for travel January 1, 2003 through March 31, 2003 and bonus miles do not count towards Preferred status

Dividend Miles membership required and you must enroll in Dividend Miles before registering for this promotion

Any member previously registered for Triple Miles on US Airways Shuttle using bonus request 5236 have been automatically registered for this new promotion

Offer valid with any purchased fares for travel on US Airways Shuttle

All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply

Triple Mileage Plus Bonus:

Triple Miles (1,500 miles per flight) will be earned on Shuttle flights for travel January 1, 2003 through March 31, 2003

Mileage Plus member ship is required

Bonus miles will appear in your account up to six weeks after travel

Mileage Plus account number must appear in the reservation at the time of departure to receive mileage credit

Offer valid with any purchased fares for travel on US Airways Shuttle

Earning miles in both programs only valid with this promotion for travel on US Airways Shuttle

To input your Mileage Plus number at the airport, please see a US Airways representative

All Mileage Plus terms and conditions apply

gnaget Jan 10, 2003 9:10 am

You have to do it at human check-in, the club or the gate.

It works well and the UA miles even posted before US on one of my trips. However, I have not yet seen any triple bonus miles on UA dating back to mid-Dec.

Actually if you are 1P and US2 (or higher) then you get 2000 miles on both airlines for a 1 way trip, which is a really good deal.

One complaint that I have is that the Shuttle no longer (as of 1/1) gives you the flexibility of standing by within your fare's time window.

That seriously undermines the utility of the
Shuttle's excellent schedule for anyone on a cheap ticket.

mktozd Jan 10, 2003 1:02 pm

Thank you gnaget. Do you think I could call to try this?

Also, any chance that this would work with UA's new double systemwide mileage promo? If booked through the UA site?

jetsetter Jan 11, 2003 5:16 am

You can call US reservations in advance to add your UA frequent flyer number to your PNR. That way, you can use a kiosk or web check in, and you don't have to have an airport agent add the number.

Also with regard to the standby fees system wide, I wonder if this is/is going to be really enforced? Perhaps private email/discretion should be used, so that for instance if it is not enforced, we don't give US a heads up on this board so they can stop it.

gnaget Jan 11, 2003 11:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
You can call US reservations in advance to add your UA frequent flyer number to your PNR. That way, you can use a kiosk or web check in, and you don't have to have an airport agent add the number.

Also with regard to the standby fees system wide, I wonder if this is/is going to be really enforced? Perhaps private email/discretion should be used, so that for instance if it is not enforced, we don't give US a heads up on this board so they can stop it.
</font>
Ok, that must be new. They told me that it had to be done at the airport in December.

The annoying thing is that they have dropped mainline standby to $25 but still have the Shuttle at $100! I stood by on Dec 31 on the Shuttle and they made a big point that this was the last day that one could do that -- I checked in at the DCA club.

[This message has been edited by gnaget (edited 01-11-2003).]

mktozd Jan 13, 2003 7:55 am

Anybody try booking through UA to get their systemwide double mileage bonus?

landspeed Jan 13, 2003 8:49 am

This has to do with the "old" double triple miles promo- but I was hoping that y'all might have an answer.

Flew US BOS-LGA right before Christmas. Had registered for the triple miles through US, provided my UA number at check in.

Received triple miles on US, but only 500 on UA. Did I miss something? If not, with whom do I follow up- US or UA?

Thanks.

gnaget Jan 13, 2003 10:44 am

Mktozd, it has to be on UA metal.
Landspeed, I have not received it either for mid-Dec. It says up to 6 weeks.

mktozd Jan 13, 2003 10:48 am

gnaget, thanks for the heads up. 6X is still pretty good

bigricky4 Jan 18, 2003 3:47 pm

After reading posts for the last several years I thought I'm ready to jump in.
Called UA Mileage Plus to ask how long it was going to take for the 3X mile to show up. Yhe six week period will be extended for the bonus miles as MP has not programed (MPD 002) into their system yet. The agent told me to be patient and not forget, said it should be a few more weeks before any should post.

mktozd Jan 19, 2003 3:07 pm

bigricky4, welcome to FT! A lot of good people here and ways to earn mileage which we might otherwise miss.

TribeFlyer Jan 21, 2003 10:57 am

Smarter Living Mile Alert just posted the offer with this paragraph at the end:

"To earn triple miles on both US Airways and United, you must be a member of both programs and provide both your Dividend Miles and Mileage Plus account numbers for each US Airways Shuttle flight when making reservations and at check-in. You can earn these bonuses on Mondays through Fridays only." (emphasis mine)

Has anyone found this to be true? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/confused.gif?

gnaget Jan 21, 2003 1:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TribeFlyer:
Smarter Living Mile Alert just posted the offer with this paragraph at the end:

"To earn triple miles on both US Airways and United, you must be a member of both programs and provide both your Dividend Miles and Mileage Plus account numbers for each US Airways Shuttle flight when making reservations and at check-in. You can earn these bonuses on Mondays through Fridays only." (emphasis mine)

Has anyone found this to be true? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/confused.gif?
</font>
No that's incorrect. I think they are confusing it with the Shuttle Guarantees, e.g. 1500 for a delay, etc.

chudd Jan 22, 2003 6:49 am

Seems like they changed the miles type 1000 preferred miles and 2000 bonus miles on usair and 1000 preferred miles on UAL plus pending bonus miles. No longer 3000 preferred miles...at least that's what's in my account. Can anyone agree with me on this?

[This message has been edited by chudd (edited 01-22-2003).]

EricH Jan 22, 2003 12:43 pm

That's how I read the current promo and how my US miles posted for a couple of weeks ago (still waiting on the bonus UA miles). Ah, for the good old days.