Interesting comments from CSR

Old Dec 19, 02, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Interesting comments from CSR

just spoke to a friendly (not unusual) CSR who thought all unions had agreed to concessions to ward off latest threat of liquidation.

also, the topic turned to philly employees, and she has heard many times the same comment that made concerning repeated surliness. in fact, the philly workers are often the same way to their coworkers!!
Old Dec 19, 02, 6:21 pm

I am not surprised. It is not US Airways' fault for the Philly employees. That's the way everything is in Philadelphia--terrible customer service.
Old Dec 19, 02, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt L/T Globalist, Bonvoy L/T Titanium :), HH Diamond, Amtrak Select Exec
what a JOKE!! i can understand if someone from CLT complains about Philly but people from New York City don't have a leg to stand on.

I'm so tired of the crap about PHL and PHL employees--yes, there are a lot of *******s in PHL, but you know what, some of the best USAirways experiences I've had have been thanks to PHL employees who go out of their way to help out. And some of the worst USAirways staff I've come across are in BOS, BWI, and even PIT.

Old Dec 20, 02, 5:51 am

The real point is not whether you are getting poor customer service in PHL, CLT, PIT or on-line. First and foremost it is a USAIR customer service issue, not the local city you happen to be in.

To KV99 points about the "good experiences" in PHL, We on FT, like the media, like society in general, love to B & M and focus on the negative. We all can do a better job of affecting change by making sure we comment on the good stuff. B & M only interjects more B & M into the cycle.

Enough love for the day. Gimme more Points!
Old Dec 20, 02, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kv99:
what a JOKE!! i can understand if someone from CLT complains about Philly but people from New York City don't have a leg to stand on.</font>
My sentiments exactly! Mr Pot calling Mr Kettle....

Old Dec 20, 02, 8:21 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Yes, Yes and Yes.....but PHL does stand out for disinterested employees who work their shift like it's prison time.

Nowhere else but PHL have I sat on a plane for up to 20 minutes waiting for an employee to pull the jetway up to the plane so that we can get off.

How about the time that the plane was fully boarded on time, but we had to wait 45 minutes for them to get around to loading the luggage! The plane had all passengers in their seats, but not one bag had been loaded.

PHL also has the record for loafing employees. You see them everywhere in the terminal hanging out.
Old Dec 20, 02, 10:30 am

My most frequent flight on US Airways is the quick 1-hour Albany to Philly flight. I'm working & in school in Albany but the family is in northern Delaware.

Since I fly home approx two times per month, this leaves me plenty of time in Philly to talk to CSRs, etc.

Overall, the Philly staff is great - just like the majority of US Airways front-line staff. They are usually courteous and professional (key word being professional) in an often chaotic work environment.

The situation is worsened by the frequent bad weather, delays, poor runway layout, ground issues, etc. Most of these issues cannot be changed by a CSR and therefore add lots of stress to an already stressful job.

I would say that its important to not cast a bad shadow over all employees @ PHL simply because they work @ PHL. Each employee should have their chance to shine and shouldn't be generalized as poor employees.

Regarding differences between the Philly culture and say CLT's, the area is simply different. Philly is a bit more loud and life moves at a fast pace. Try flying out of ALB (slow, everyone knows each other, overly-friendly) to PHL (fast, tons of people). Give the staff a break - and they'll take care of you just like they do for me!

[edited for spelling]

[This message has been edited by chrislacey (edited 12-20-2002).]
Old Dec 20, 02, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf:
The real point is not whether you are getting poor customer service in PHL, CLT, PIT or on-line. First and foremost it is a USAIR customer service issue, not the local city you happen to be in.

To KV99 points about the "good experiences" in PHL, We on FT, like the media, like society in general, love to B & M and focus on the negative. We all can do a better job of affecting change by making sure we comment on the good stuff. B & M only interjects more B & M into the cycle.

Enough love for the day. Gimme more Points!
</font>
A-freaking-MEN

Search this Thread