USAir adding 88 flights..

Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

USAir adding 88 flights..

Thanks to UAL.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">US Airways will expand its schedules initially by code sharing with United, adding 88 daily flights in the following new markets: Oakland, Calif.; Portland, Ore.; Salt Lake City; San Jose, Calif.; and Sacramento, all connecting via United's Chicago O'Hare hub. In addition, US Airways' customers will be able to fly using a code-share ticket with United to Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and Orange County, Calif., via Chicago, complementing US Airways' existing service to these cities through its hubs in Charlotte, N.C., Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh.</font>
Old Dec 18, 2002, 11:28 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
US is also publishing fares for UA nonstop flights.... but they cannot sell the seats, it seems:

Travelocity shows US fares for OAK--LAX and SJC--LAX. US rules for both fares require travel on nonstop flights. However, the flights cannot be pulled up as nonstops under the US code. A search for fares at usairways.com gives the message that "service from Oakland, CA to Los Angeles, CA is not available on usairways.com".

Hmm......
Old Dec 18, 2002, 1:21 pm

Programs: United Gold
Viajero

Might have just been a system glitch - I cant find an OAK-LAX fare (or SJC-LAX) on travelocity on US currently. So those odd nonstops seem to be gone.

But using the flexible option I can see OAK-PIT amongst all the UA and AA options.

Good news is USAirways is following the ruling of DOT and not being anti-competitive in pricing. Their lowest fare is M class ($359), while UA/CO/NW/HP/AA/DL sells as low as $198! I think $359 is a fair price (not outrageous) but would at least like to see them price-competing!

(Oh, and of course the $359 M fare on US has the $100 standby fee, while the UA and most other competing carriers do not charge standby).

Is there some rule that says you cant codeshare and have the SAME prices? Why only codeshare with M and above?

Also lowest H is $384, lowest B $700. Note no Y class! (BA3US is $2006 - But at least you can standby for free and get a refund).

This is a cockroach route!

[This message has been edited by hscottm (edited 12-18-2002).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.