Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage policies for express flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2002, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Baggage policies for express flights

Can anyone give me a quick lowdown on the policies for US express flights as opposed to the mainline fleet?

i.e. carry-ons? if I have a mixed mainline/express itinerary, do I just check in the normal way? etc...

Thanks!

(On an unrelated note, to HPTunco: I wanted to apologize for my behavior on some posts a while back)

[This message has been edited by nawlinsdoc (edited 12-13-2002).]
Old Dec 13, 2002, 1:09 pm

If you have a carry-on suitcase, you must check it plane-side.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Do you get it back plane-side, too?
Old Dec 13, 2002, 1:30 pm

Yes, you retrieve it plane-side. Don't forget!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 4:17 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nawlinsdoc:
(On an unrelated note, to HPTunco: I wanted to apologize for my behavior on some posts a while back)

[This message has been edited by nawlinsdoc (edited 12-13-2002).]
</font>
It's actually less stressful flying the express flights since people are only taking brief cases and purses on board.....no scrambling for overhead space.

Unless they make you wait on the tarmac in the freezing cold, the baggage service is pretty painless.

BTW....No offense taken!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 5:02 pm

Checked baggage will (should) go from check-in counter to baggage claim just like on mainline.

Larger carry on baggage is left gateside just before boarding, you can pick up there when you get off. It's convenient, except sometimes the ground service folks take their time getting the baggage from the belly to the metal cart.

Only very small bags and smaller briefcases aboard.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 9:24 pm

Don't forget to leave the yellow cardboard tag on your carry on - that's what flags the staff to pull the luggage out of the back and leave it plane side when you get off. Elsewise you will have to go to baggage claim.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 11:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HPTunco:
[B]
Unless they make you wait on the tarmac in the freezing cold, the baggage service is pretty painless.

B]</font>

They usually don't let you go down the stairs of the plane until the plane-side checked baggage is out of the plane and in the metal cart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.