Low envoy fares to Europe for xmas

Old Nov 25, 02, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Low envoy fares to Europe for xmas

Looks like US also is matching the NW sale, at least on some routes. I found these sub-$800 fares using aa.com's search for business class WAS-FRA 12/25/02-1/1/03.
Old Nov 29, 02, 2:57 am

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Usually flying UA/SQ/*A carriers, I decided to grab on this offer.

Depart DFW on 26 Dec, return on 30 Dec in Envoy (unfortunately, AMS flies 767 )
Total cost: $800 (tax inclusive)

This is my first US flight (maiden voyage), appreciate any advise from the US FT Gods (lounge, FF bonuses etc...)
Anyone know if I can enter DFW's RCC as well, or is there a USAir lounge? I am a UA Premex, and US GP (Comp'd).

Is anyone going to be in AMS then?

Old Nov 29, 02, 7:53 am

Programs: United 1K
ws8n - welcome aboard!

With the new current reciprocal club policy, you can only use each other's clubs when (1) you are a member of one of the two clubs (US or UA) and (2) are flying on the other airline the same day. When flying on the other airline in this case, you can use their club. You cant just be a US club member, for example, and use a UA club unless flying UA.

Of course, if you are already an RCC member, you can access the DFW club. Once you get to PHL, you can use the Envoy lounge, and your Envoy ticket will get you into a nice club in AMS on the return.

Note that the "Envoy club" US has privileges at in AMS is pretty far from the US gates.
Old Nov 29, 02, 9:05 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt L/T Globalist, Bonvoy L/T Titanium :), HH Diamond, Amtrak Select Exec
Thanks for the heads-up dhacker. I always buy my tickets too early for these promos -- oh well.
Old Nov 29, 02, 12:40 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
I paid $784 (tax inclusive)CLT to FCO traveling the end of December. The U website wouldn't book the dates I wanted, so I go to ITN and got the same dates that U didn't offer. Go figure.
Old Nov 30, 02, 3:58 am

Everytime I tried to buy it on the U website it said sold out. I eventualy got the routing I wanted. Then I used my SYS to upgrade to First on the A330. Not a bad deal.

Search this Thread