Epxedited Security Lines for DM Preferred

Old Nov 30, 2004, 3:38 pm

PHL Priority Lane Update

The Priority Lane at PHL B and C is managed by TSA like everywhere.
Apparently, TSA occassionallys shut down the Priority Lane there
without warning when the lines get so long and they need to get everyone through. You should write a letter of complaint to TSA at PHL b/c US Airways needs your help to keep TSA from doing this. US Airways is lobbying to get the lanes to stay open permamently 24/7.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Yup. No elite line on Monday morning at PHL. THe line stretched all the way in a complete loop from the escalator near the check-in desks and down the hall to the garage and back to the TSA checkpoint. Both B&C were like this. So was D as I could see it from my point in line in C. THe line took about 75 minutes. Luckily I had enough time, but there were plenty of people who missed their flights. I asked about a preferred line and was told no dice.
Has anyone spoken with US about this? Perhaps they should take it off the website.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:11 pm

I believe there are few bennies to CP, and shorter lines are some of the most important. I am so chuffed there is no Elite line. In C there is a line for staff and I have seen people slip in there by releasing the barriers. No one said anything. And now, it doesn't seem to matter what times of day, the lines have been horrendous. I might try going to F and taking the shuttle!

Jane in PHL
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:20 pm

I do not believe that TSA has any role in preferred lines. If they did, I would assume a TSA staffer would man the boarding pass checkpoint. As this is done by either US or contracted employees, a TSA role in this problem doesn't seem logical.

I asked in a similar thread whether FFOCUS would take this topic forward to US Management. Has this been done? If not, I will start the letter writing campaign. This is such a "no brainer" amenity to US's loyal flyers.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:26 pm

The following is a link to the priority lanes page on the US Airways website.

http://usairways.com/travel/airport/

Airport_______Terminal(s)
BOS.................B
CLT.................C
DEN.................??
LAX.................1 (Only for club members)
LGA.................D?
MIA.................??
PIT..................Security for all terminals is consolidated
RSW................??

Philadelphia is not listed on the website, but some FTers have noted that it is sometimes open.
PHL.................B/C (when TSA feels like it)

Last edited by El Boocho; Dec 8, 2004 at 11:16 am
Old Dec 1, 2004, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by dukeman
Yup. No elite line on Monday morning at PHL. THe line stretched all the way in a complete loop from the escalator near the check-in desks and down the hall to the garage and back to the TSA checkpoint. Both B&C were like this. So was D as I could see it from my point in line in C. THe line took about 75 minutes. Luckily I had enough time, but there were plenty of people who missed their flights. I asked about a preferred line and was told no dice.
Has anyone spoken with US about this? Perhaps they should take it off the website.
In the past when this has happened, I've hiked over to Terminal F and taken the bus, which is why if parking in the garages I usually park around the C/D divider even if my flight's going out of B. I can then take the C bridge across, checking out the lines there and over on the B bridge, or start the trek to F. (I have never been lucky to find the D line to be better at peak times than B or C, and indeed sometimes it's worse.) If the F TSA ID checker gives you trouble, just say that "they" sent you over to the F terminal, you guess by mistake, and they'll probably tell you where to take the shuttle bus once clearing F security.

I learned that this works when a PHL-DAY Express flight I was on a while ago incorrectly printed as going out of C via online checkin the night before (it was a CRJ that of course went out of F), and although the ID checker at the F line was surprised to see someone with a Terminal C boarding pass, she had no problem letting me through F security and was nice enough to remind me where the bus was.

Unfortunately the majority of my Monday travel happens earlier than the ~7:45am flight bank so I don't have this problem, but the decrease in preferred lines has been really annoying lately.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by El Boocho

http://usairways.com/travel/airport/

Philidelphia is not listed on the website, but some FTers have noted that it is sometimes open.

You are correct. PHL is not listed anymore. Anyone with FFocus connections care to inquire? How can they not have priority security at a "Hub" airport?
Old Dec 7, 2004, 7:14 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Patience is a virtue :-)

Sources inform me that the preferred lines have been reinstated at PHL.

I haven't had a chance to check in person so scouting reports are welcome.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 8:44 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
There weren't any preferred lines waiting for me on my PHL-SFO flight on Sat., Dec. 4, nor was there an upgrade.

I have to say that exit row seats are still fine on transcons. ^
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:37 am

No preferred line monday (12/6) in PHL at B.

Seems like the outsourced ticket checkers need a lesson in customer service - I find them to be generally rude and big difference (not in a positive way) from the U employees that used to check your ID/BP
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:53 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
There was a preferred line in PHL last Saturday morning. Not very well marked, just about a couple of minutes faster than the regular line. The TSA barker (you know the one that screams at you to take off your jacket) would tell only Preferred and First Class in the line but they didn't check, as far as I could tell. Either line would take 2-5 minutes to go through.

There was no preferred line in PHL last Sunday morning. There was no line (ie I walked straight to the metal detector)
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:18 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
CLT's DM Preferred Security line is at the C Concourse check point.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:41 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
When I flew out of C in PHL on Monday morning (in the 7:45am bank), there was no preferred line that I could see and I was directed to the back of the line. Thankfully, the line moved quickly. However, when I was nearing the actual checkpoint, I noticed several business-ey looking people waved into the line at the far left. Is this maybe that you now have to ask for the line thanks to contracted folks who can't read a BP?

Also, FWIW, I've had near 100% success making the walk up to the old A terminal (west?) and gone through the AA elite line using US status, then hitching a ride on the people mover. If AA can get a priotiy line consistently open, why can't US do the same in a hub airport?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 2:28 pm

Bumping this thread for anyone travelling tomorrow (Sunday November 27). Please let us know if there is preferred security at PHL? I'm flying Monday morning.....
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by El Boocho

Airport_______Terminal(s)
BOS.................B
CLT.................C
DEN.................??
LAX.................1 (Only for club members)
LGA.................D?
MIA.................??
PIT..................Security for all terminals is consolidated
RSW................??

Philadelphia is not listed on the website, but some FTers have noted that it is sometimes open.
LAS................1
PHX................4

Finally, lets think about moving these discussions to Travel Safety/Security forum. Does it seem like a more appropriate place for a discussion of preferred security lines at any airport?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.