Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Epxedited Security Lines for DM Preferred

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by El Boocho
The link in Milepost #1 is dead. I did FT and US website searches but didn't come up with an updated list. I'm specifically interested in LAX but I thought a list of all locations with US "Priority Lanes" would be helpful for fellow FTers. Does anyone have such a list or a link to one? If not, perhaps we could just start one here. I know they exist at PHL, CLT and PIT but don't know which terminals.

I was just in LAX last week and there definitely was a preferred security line. But, I was checking in for the 11:30 redeye to CLT at about 10:00, so it wasn't open. I guess it's for US preferreds and HP elites because the only other airline in Terminal 1 is WN (no elites).
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I was just in LAX last week and there definitely was a preferred security line. But, I was checking in for the 11:30 redeye to CLT at about 10:00, so it wasn't open. I guess it's for US preferreds and HP elites because the only other airline in Terminal 1 is WN (no elites).
Thanks for the info. I'm on the 2:00PM to CLT on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I think I'm going to need that line!
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by SoxIn7
Just by chance i caught this... Where is the Elite line in hartford? I've never seen one set up, as I have in other airports.
The thread you quoted was from 2002. The elite line at Bradley might no longer exist.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
No Elite lines in Hartford

Originally Posted by SoxIn7
Just by chance i caught this... Where is the Elite line in hartford? I've never seen one set up, as I have in other airports.
AFAIK, there is no elite line at BDL... The last time I was there (August), there was one line that filtered into 2 scanners in the US/UA gate area (Gates 21-30 I believe).
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
The short line is only for club members. I was told that US was not able to negotiate a deal where by their elites also got to use the line. Way to go U! Reward your passengers who buy a membership but might not be loyal. The main security line at LAX stretched down the sidewalk to terminal 2. While the line did move pretty fast some of the people running the lines were not checking IDs. As such many people, including myself, never had their ID and Ticket matched up.

Last edited by El Boocho; Nov 29, 2004 at 11:20 am
Old Nov 29, 2004, 10:59 am

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
There are no preferred lines at PHL B or C concourses any longer.

However, the line at B tends to be shorter than C in most cases.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:08 am

Programs: Now a lowly US PP
You're kidding...no more preferred line at PHL at ALL?? I discovered (the hard way) that the preferred line was usually open only in the morning, not in the afternoon. Well, crap. This definitely sucks. A preferred security line is on my top 3 list of elite perks.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:16 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by markbach

Crown jewel, baby, the crown jewel.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:19 am

Let's Verify the Rumor with US Airways

Originally Posted by Gretchyn
You're kidding...no more preferred line at PHL at ALL?? I discovered (the hard way) that the preferred line was usually open only in the morning, not in the afternoon. Well, crap. This definitely sucks. A preferred security line is on my top 3 list of elite perks.
Please let me verify the rumor with US Airways about changes regarding
PHL Preferred Lanes. This thread needs to be verified because that
is a big change.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:23 am

Verifying is a good idea. I don't want to get worked up over nothing.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Gretchyn
Verifying is a good idea. I don't want to get worked up over nothing.
Originally Posted by N93109
Please let me verify the rumor with US Airways about changes regarding
PHL Preferred Lanes. This thread needs to be verified because that
is a big change.
Please PM me or post your findings regarding PHL or other airports to this thread. I will update the list being compiled on pg 1 (milepost 12) of this thread.

Last edited by El Boocho; Nov 29, 2004 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:13 pm

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
Originally Posted by markbach

I concur.

Additionally, US employees are no longer verifying IDs/boarding passes at the lines anymore; contracted employees in different uniform are.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:26 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Phl

Originally Posted by Arrzee
I concur.

Additionally, US employees are no longer verifying IDs/boarding passes at the lines anymore; contracted employees in different uniform are.
Yes, it's now a contracted service company. Going through Concourse B security on Saturday about noon, I asked the line checker about an elite line and he said "Oh, usually we have it when it's not real busy." I told him I thought that made no sense, and he just motioned for me to join the line. Wait was about 20 minutes thanks to lots of once-a-year travelers who don't understand that coins are metal, and want to bicker with TSA about taking off their shoes.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Arrzee
Yes, I noticed that as well. Why?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 3:14 pm

PHL Priority Lane Update

The Priority Lane at PHL B and C is managed by TSA like everywhere.
Apparently, TSA occassionallys shut down the Priority Lane there
without warning when the lines get so long and they need to get everyone through. You should write a letter of complaint to TSA at PHL b/c US Airways needs your help to keep TSA from doing this. US Airways is lobbying to get the lanes to stay open permamently 24/7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.