New audio headsets

Old Aug 6, 2002, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
New audio headsets

Just got off a much delayed PHL-SEA flight a few hours ago. Noticed that US is using new headsets (weren't a week ago). These ones are the seperate ones that use hooks/clip to hang the ear pieces against your ears. Much more comfortable than the old traditional head-clip style.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 11:05 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I'm glad. I just got this type of headset from CO, and I kept it because I figured I would use it on US. I wonder if the shuttle has this new head set style?
Old Aug 6, 2002, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
These are the same ones CO uses, only they tell you to take them with you. Actually, it's quite a different feel on Continental. Had a three course meal the other night, SEA-EWR. Unbelievable. The lobster appetizer was bigger than the whole main course on US. Then the F/A looked at me like I was nuts when I went to hand back the printed menu. Hot towels, ice cream dessert, and 4 choices for main course, all terrific. I guess they figure if you're going down for the count anyway, you might as well do it right.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
The new headsets were on my PIT-LAS flight last night.
Old Aug 7, 2002, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
I havent seen this yet as I havent flown US in a while...

What is the latest policy?

Do they still charge for the headsets?

Do the FA's collect them at the end of the flight?

Thanks,
DrivingRain
Old Aug 7, 2002, 10:57 pm

Hope they sanitize these well...much more skin contact.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.