"But I don't want to fly on the corporate jet!"

Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
"But I don't want to fly on the corporate jet!"

So i'm setting up these benchmarking visits where i go with our CTO to visit other industrial behemoths to compare what we're doing to what they're doing. My CTO's secretary calls my secretary and tells her he's trying to get the corporate jet so we can go out & back in one day.

I had counted on ABE-PHL-MSP for the triple miles Philly bonus, and was thinking I might even be able to route thru ORD for the PHL-ORD / DFW bonus.

Am I crazy or what?
Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:38 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
In a word, yes....

As a flyer, I understand your point. But were I a shareholder, I'd be disappointed to learn that business travel could be so misused, by choosing convoluted routings just to make FF bonuses. Sounds like your CTO is more focused on making the best use of time and resources.

[This message has been edited by duxfan (edited 06-13-2002).]
Old Jun 13, 2002, 1:14 pm
geo1004

I don't know...

Is it a Gulfstream IV or a ratty old Lear 25?

Old Jun 13, 2002, 8:39 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by geo1004:
I don't know...

Is it a Gulfstream IV or a ratty old Lear 25?

</font>

Don't laugh. I have this happen regularly (4 guys on the Lear 45 versus 4 guys on walkup US fares PIT-AVL). The friggen lear then becomes cheaper.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Jun 14, 2002, 8:16 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ClueByFour:

Don't laugh. I have this happen regularly (4 guys on the Lear 45 versus 4 guys on walkup US fares PIT-AVL). The friggen lear then becomes cheaper.
</font>
Exactly... Sad when business fares have gotten so high that it becomes less expensive to use a private aircraft!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.