Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comped to Gold Preferred

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2002, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Comped to Gold Preferred

Thank you all for assisting me in my bid to get US to match my AA PLT status. I am now a proud Gold Preferred member. Now, can I purchase upgrades, or are the threshold upgrades the only ones US uses? And, I personally found the previous AA/US partnership very valuable. Could it be possible that the two carriers would link up again in light of US's financial woes?
Old May 24, 2002, 7:40 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You can just purchase upgrades at the airport, they are $40 for each 800-mile upgrade, or buy three and get one free, so 4 for $120 ($30 each). You can also buy the upgrades with miles, 10k miles for 4 800-mile upgrades.

You will also get two 800-mile upgrades and 2 systemwides when you get your welcome pack. After that you will earn 8 800-mile upgrades each 10k miles, and every 20k miles you will get 2 bonus 800-mile upgrades. In other words, it goes 8, 10, 8, 10, etc. at 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, etc. Your counter for earning upgrades resets on March 1 each year.

Also, if you're a Marriott Rewards member they just sent out free upgrades in their last statement mailing that are good within the US.

As a Gold you can upgrade 3 days in advance on most fares (anytime on Y or B fares, or paid business fares internationally). So, if you have a flight on Friday, you count back three days, Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday, and you can upgrade at 12:01 AM on Tuesday (Eastern Time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.