Search

Best 767 Envoy seats?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2002, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Best 767 Envoy seats?

We're booked to fly PIT-CDG in April (burning up our last old SWUs that expire end of that month). Which are the best seats in the front cabin (always travelled in EC on the '67s)? I've booked 1A & B.

Any other tips other than asking the FAs for an arrivals lounge pass?

This marks my first return to PAR on US after flying on one of the first few PHL-ORY service.

Can always hope there's an equipment change to a 333.
Old Feb 22, 2002, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I flew AMS-PHL in the 767, I had a center aisle seat, was great because I could get up whenever I wanted too. I thought the food was excellent, and the seat was very comfortable. Wasn't quite as nice as the 330 business seat, but certainly still a great experience. The service is good, and I enjoyed the food.
Old Feb 22, 2002, 4:58 pm
geo1004

Well, if you have to be on a 767 in envoy, i'd skip the bulkhead... go row 2,3,4 ..... row one has less room and noise from the galley.

my $.02

Old Feb 22, 2002, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by geo1004:
if you have to be on a 767 in envoy, i'd skip the bulkhead... go row 2,3,4 ..... row one has less room and noise from the galley.
</font>
Thanks, I'll bow your to your superior knowledge of 767 Envoy.

I rather confirm in Envoy in the '67 than take my chance on the 330.
Old Feb 24, 2002, 9:27 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Believe it or not, I really don't think the 767 is that bad, especially on overnight flights where you probably want to sleep anyway. As suggested, avoid the bulkhead, I don't like it either ...
Old Feb 24, 2002, 2:38 pm

I just got back from a roundtrip to Amsterdam on a 767 in Envoy, and very much agree with the "skip the bulkhead" comments. There is LOTS of excess leg room in the non-bulkhead seats (2A and 2G in my case). I'm 6'2", and could stretch my legs completely without touching the seat in front of me. Very easy to step over your neighbor's legs to get to the bathroom, even from a window seat. The only advantage of the bulkhead is the extra pitch, but you don't need it on these flights. Have a great trip!
Old Feb 25, 2002, 5:14 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
terenz - let me join the skip the bulkhead chorus. It's not a problem for me, since I'm only 5'6", but if you're taller and want more leg room, it can be entertaining. Go with Row 2, 3, or 4. I don't think you'll have much of a problem with someone's seat way reclined into yours.

Only thing with the 767 is I don't know if they'll have the noise cancelling headphones - since the 767's jacks do not have that third plug the 330s do for the NoiseBusters. So you may want to think about bringing your own along.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 6:07 am
geo1004

No noisereducing headsets on the 767. The entertainment system on the 767 is not nearly as good as the 330.

Old Feb 25, 2002, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm on a CLT-LGW flight Apl 12-14, with seat 1B both ways. The seating plan shows no one in 1A (or any of the first row)--I do like having an empty next to me. After reading these comments I'm thinking of changing. As a 'not large' woman should I risk this 'tight' seat??
Old Feb 25, 2002, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
Believe it or not, I really don't think the 767 is that bad...</font>
thank you the good laugh for today!

I disagree.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 1:22 pm

I am curious as to why you dislike the 767...no offense implied in my message at all, however I wish US went with the 777 instead of the A330...no matter what anyone says you will never beat first class transcon on the 777 - like sitting in my living room!

Old Feb 25, 2002, 1:39 pm
geo1004

I've flown the US A330 and the US 767 in Envoy many times. By a significant margin, I prefer the A330.

I was on a 767 AMS-PHL in Envoy about a week ago, and thought how could anyone like the 767 more than the 330???

Old Feb 25, 2002, 3:38 pm

I think what he means is that while the A330 is a whole lot better, the 767 still isn't that bad.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 9:35 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Like usual I disagree with geo. I flew PHL-MAN on A330 last week and came back AMS-PHL on a 767. (MAN-AMS was on BA) While the A330 was much more fun to mess with the video system, the seat was distinctly less comfortable; it felt less wide and had less support. Luckily for me I hardly ever sleep on the way to Europe, so it worked out nicely; I was the only one awake the whole time and got to see two longish movies and a few of the sitcoms. On the way back I napped on the 8.5 hour (is AMS-PHL USAirways' longest flight?) in much comfort.

My wife had to add that the A330's seat start off in a much more reclined position than the 767 and she doesn't like that; she likes to be pretty much sitting up on the plane rathern than reclined.

I'm glad all the rest of you like the Airbus; it gives me more upgrade changes on the 767 The noise cancelling headrest is pretty cool I have to admit, but you can always buy that separately (which they guy in front of me on the way back had).

I sat in row 2 of the 767 coming back and at 5'10" had no problems with the guy in front of me reclining into my legs or touching his seat, even when he went all the way back. I also was able to put the tray table across without having it bump my legs. However, on the A330 when the guy in front of me reclined all the way back (I was in row 4 this time) he basically touched my legs. On top of that, the tray table was too low and actually sat on top of my legs, real annoying.

So for me if I can swing it it's A330 out and 767 back.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 6:07 am

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pitflyer:
... (is AMS-PHL USAirways' longest flight?)</font>
No; that would be FCO-PHL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.