Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Triple Miles on US Airways Shuttle flights to/from New York

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2002, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

I just recieved this offer by email. Found the link to register:

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/5236.htm

TRIPLE MILES ON ALL US AIRWAYS SHUTTLE FLIGHTS TO/FROM NEW YORK

Now, you can earn triple miles on all US Airways Shuttle flights between Boston and New York LaGuardia, and between New York LaGuardia and Reagan Washington National from April 16, 2002 through May 31, 2002. That's a total of 3,000 miles for every roundtrip.

TRIPLE MILES COUNT TOWARDS EARNING 2002 PREFERRED MILES

Plus, your bonus miles will count towards earning 2002 Dividend Miles Preferred Miles, so you can enjoy Preferred benefits like upgrades and priority boarding even faster.

TIME FLIES ON US AIRWAYS SHUTTLE

Flying is the quickest way to travel between Washington and New York, and between New York and Boston. E-Ticket Check-In Kiosks, in all three US Airways Shuttle airports, can speed your trip up even more. You'll also earn bonus miles each time you use the Kiosks.

To save you even more time, we've already registered you for this offer. To purchase your US Airways Shuttle ticket, visit http://www.usairways.com call 1-800-428-4322 or buy your ticket at the E-Ticket Check-In Kiosk.

Then get time flying for you on US Airways Shuttle.

Sincerely,
Mike Isom
Director of Marketing

Terms and Conditions: Offer valid with the purchase of published adult fares for travel on US Airways Shuttle. Dividend Miles membership required. Bonus miles will be posted within 10 days of qualifying flight. Preferred miles will be posted up to six weeks after offer period. Offer is combinable with online booking bonuses and other flight bonus mile offers.

[This message has been edited by j_mee (edited 04-16-2002).]
Old Apr 16, 2002, 4:31 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I am out of BOS and got this too. Got a very similar offer earlier today from Delta. Delta also had some sort of guarantee where you got 20,000 miles if you checked in 20 minutes before a flight and could not get on, but because of the DL t&C it seemed like a uselessnobody_will_get_this_bonus type thing. I am a regular on the shuttle so not sure if all BOS/LGA/DCA people got this, just regulars on the shuttle, or people from other cities too0.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 8:44 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I didn't get this offer, but signed up anyway since I was rerouted onto a shuttle flight this weekend when the non-stop service from RDU-BOS was discontinued. Hopefully the bonus will help make up for the reroute, but I would rather have been rerouted onto flights where I would have had a chance to upgrade.
{Correction: I did get this offer - I just never read it until last night.]

[This message has been edited by rtpflyer (edited 04-18-2002).]
Old Apr 17, 2002, 11:14 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Hmm--I have 5,000 base miles now. 7 flights, for a total cost of $815.50, would assure me of making Silver. Added to other leisure travel I have planned later this year, it sounds like a perfect way to repeat as Gold Preferred for next year. Am I missing something, or is this as good as it sounds?
Old Apr 17, 2002, 2:10 pm

This is a straight match to the Delta offer.

jetsetter: I agree that the Delta 20,000 Miles 20 Minute Guarantee is worthless. It excludes delays at security. What else could delay you from obtaining your boarding pass at the ticket counter to boarding a plane?
Old Apr 17, 2002, 3:38 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
BizJet,

I think this offer's better than Delta's--their promotion (according to Smarter Living) only includes weekday flights, while US makes no such distinction (at least, as of Tues. 4/16, 5:31pm!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.