Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred Security Line at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2002, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Preferred Security Line at PHL

I was just forwarded an e-mail from my mom, who works in a travel agency, from their US Airways rep.

It states that US Airways will implement a "Preferred Security Line" at PHL today (Mar. 6, 2002). The line will be located at the entrance of the security check point at Concourse C and may be used by: CP, GP, SP, First Class, and Envoy passengers. Customers need to present their "Preferred" cards and/or their 1st Class/Envoy tickets or itineraries. The plan is eventually to have a Preferred Security Line at Concourse B.

This is my first post, but thanks to everyone here on the US board for sharing whatever experiences/bonus codes that they've come across. Just returning the favor.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
An excellent first post!

Thanks for the information and welcome to our little piece of FlyerTalk.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
As a PHL traveler, this makes me incredibly happy.

Please let us know when you see it in use!

[This message has been edited by catwood (edited 03-06-2002).]
Old Mar 6, 2002, 2:33 pm

This is great news. I'm flying PHL-FRA this weekend and am definitelly looking forward to this. Outbound last week the security line at C was no problem. On the return, when I arrived in PHL it was a nightmare. C security line was backed up all the way to the garage!
Old Mar 6, 2002, 6:07 pm

This is great news, no I will no longer have to go down to either A, D or F to clear when the line stretches all the way to the Marriott!

This reminds me of Lee Iococa said when at Chrysler -- Either Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way. It's about time they followed with the others that have preferred lines.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
Has anyone been to PHL yesterday or today and seen this in action? If so, how does the preferred line compare to the C-Concourse line from the last few weeks?
Old Mar 7, 2002, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'll test out this new "Preferred" Security Line on Fri. when I go PHL-TPA in the evening.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. I flew PHL-PIT last weekend in the AM and was greeted by a line of Spring Breakers at B stretching out to the parking garage. I hopped over to C and stayed in a line that was half as long. It still took about 15 min. to ge through that mess.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 11:21 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I thought I read that, in Atlanta, the preferred security lines went away when the Federal Govt. took over the checkpoints. Did anyone go through PHL yet and witness this? Can a travelling companion who is NOT preferred go through with a preferred passenger?
Old Mar 7, 2002, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
I went through PHL today, and the preferred line is really there at concourse C. US posted signs at the bottom and top of the escalator, so you can't miss it.

Today the preferred line moved right into what appeared to be a dedicated metal detector. I know that is what the feds are trying to stop, so hopefully US will just tweak it, not end it, if the procedure is challenged.

This is a phenomenal benefit - let's see them roll it out to BOS, LGA, DCA, and all other major US cities.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 10:18 pm

Programs: DM,A+,UAMP,PriorityClub,WNRR
If I am not mistaken...the TSA has control only at the secutity checkpoint. The airline has the option to control passenger flow prior to entering the security area.That's the loophole that NW and AA are supposedly using.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
I used it on my outbound PHL-FRA last Thursday (just in time!!), it got me through security in about 2 minutes. Perfect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.