Preferred Package Arrived Today

Old Feb 13, 02, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Preferred Package Arrived Today

Got my Chairman's Preferred Package today. My 3rd year being a US1...but this time qualified on the reduced levels... i.e. only flew 92,000 miles.
Got systemwides and companion upgrades. US Airways has definitely scaled back on the packaging... almost mistakenly identified my package as junk mail!

No club passes though

[This message has been edited by uschpr (edited 02-13-2002).]
Old Feb 13, 02, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
This only proves that you can't count on what they tell you until you actually get your package in the mail.

I'm interested to see what other people get too, lite's vs regulars, end of year qualifiers, challenges, etc.

Chris
Old Feb 13, 02, 3:29 pm

Well, as a first time US1 end of year qualifier, I got nothing today. A letter welcoming me back, a How to upgrade in NA slip, and fold out benefits recap, wherein there is NO mention of SWUs. I will be calling asking where my SWUs are, but I have a bad feeling I won't get any.
Old Feb 13, 02, 6:56 pm
JRS

Location: Pittsburgh - SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, US Chairmans Pref
Also received my new CP card today. Came with 2 SWU's plus 2 companion SWU's. Last week they sent me a comp Club renewal thru Feb'03 which I didn't expect. Glad I didn't renew on my own.
Old Feb 13, 02, 6:57 pm

I got my CP package with the new SWU but no Club pass which is OK since I am already a member but I did like to give them to clients or friends. I note that the material is pretty skimpy and they direct you to the web to learn about benefits with the hotels and car companies. I guess they assume if you fly a lot you surf the Internet.
Old Feb 13, 02, 8:26 pm

Programs: United 1K
To add some confusion..

I got a kit in late December for passing the 80k reduced hurdle, so was not expecting much.

Didnt get SWUs, but DID get a club pass! Although there's a new expiration date - June of 2002! Hurry up and use 'em!

Speaking of which, looks like I will end up with a few extra club passes expiring end of Feb 2002. First come, first served.
Old Feb 13, 02, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hscottm:
Speaking of which, looks like I will end up with a few extra club passes expiring end of Feb 2002. First come, first served.</font>
You have mail!
Old Feb 14, 02, 5:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JRS:
Also received my new CP card today. Came with 2 SWU's plus 2 companion SWU's. Last week they sent me a comp Club renewal thru Feb'03 which I didn't expect. Glad I didn't renew on my own. </font>
I have yet to receive my CP packet yet. I received my comp US Club membership renewal card last week. I too was not expecting to get a comp membership again due to all the cutbacks. Must say I'm very impressed that US continues to recognize those of us who fly them VERY frequently. I was getting ready to renew (and pay for it) since I must have access to the club. I'm always in need of a quiet place to work between flights.

I called the CP desk and they said I should get my packet anytime now. I hope so.

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; Hilton Gold VIP; Crowne Plaza Gold
Old Feb 14, 02, 6:09 am

Location: Maryland US Chairman's, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred Select
I'm confused. Why are some people receiving the upgrades, and others are not? I qualified in July last year as Chairman's and I received the new package today, which had nothing but a letter and an explanation card about N. American upgrades, and the scaled-back brochure, which I couldn't care less about. But no upgrade coupons or companion passes, etc. Does anyone understand this?
Old Feb 14, 02, 6:48 am
geo1004

Wasn't it mentioned earlier that those who qualified for a higher tier after July 1st of 2001 (and then received a welcome kit with upgrades, etc with a 2/2003 expiry) would not receive a second welcome kit in Feb. of 2002???

Old Feb 14, 02, 6:49 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freqflyer2001:
But no upgrade coupons or companion passes, etc. Does anyone understand this? </font>
If you received SWU's at the time of qualification, you would not have received SWU's again with your new packet.

As for the club pass thing, are folks not receiving them already club members? Maybe they're not sending them to folks who are already club members.
Old Feb 14, 02, 7:40 am

That is what I assume because I did not get a Club pass last year nor this. But I got a free renewal in December in recognization of "the exceptional amount of business you have given US in 2001" The Club membership term is the same as CP status term.
Old Feb 14, 02, 8:29 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would certainly take a free one year membership over a free one time club pass.

Seriously though, those are the kind of slightly more logical cost cutting moves I like to see.
Old Feb 14, 02, 9:28 am

In checking out the special partner benefits for CP I discovered that Sheraton and Hyatt have dropped off, Hilton is still there. Dollar and Avis are added for the cars.
Old Feb 14, 02, 11:29 am

Location: Maryland US Chairman's, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred Select
So, does all this mean that I will not receive anymore SWUs this year? In other words, when I make it to the Silver qualification level, will I then get a welcome package to Silver (with card good through 3/04, upgrade certificates, SWUs, etc.), again for Gold, and then again for CP? Or will I only receive more SWUs when (if)I requalify for CP?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: