Preferred Package Arrived Today

Old Feb 19, 02, 4:11 pm

I got my GP package today. I made Gold thru a challenge last Aug (good till 2/02) and requalified under "Gold lite". I got the 2 DMUPSYS02 and 2 NAU. What I like is that they changed the color of the upgrades. They now have a yellowish background. This will distinguish them clearly from the DMUPSYS. I also got the club pass that will give you 3 free months if you join on the visit you use the pass. The club pass is also yellowish so those of you trying to last year's will be caught.

The packaging isn't fancy but when there are 2 SWUs in it who needs fancy. Time will tell if these will actually be usable to Europe - since many will use miles instead.
Old Feb 19, 02, 4:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileshound:
I got my GP package today. I made Gold thru a challenge last Aug (good till 2/02) and requalified under "Gold lite". I got the 2 DMUPSYS02 and 2 NAU. What I like is that they changed the color of the upgrades. They now have a yellowish background. This will distinguish them clearly from the DMUPSYS. I also got the club pass that will give you 3 free months if you join on the visit you use the pass. The club pass is also yellowish so those of you trying to last year's will be caught.

The packaging isn't fancy but when there are 2 SWUs in it who needs fancy. Time will tell if these will actually be usable to Europe - since many will use miles instead.
</font>
When you made Gold last year, was it a "renewal" or were you making it for the first time? In other words, did you get a 2001 gold kit that had SWUs and a 2002 gold kit that had SWUs?

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the SWU "dispensation procedures." I started last year as a "renewed" gold and they sent me the kit with SWUs in February/March 2001. I qualified for CP Lite later in the year and they sent me the 2001 kit in December with the SWUs. My 2002 CP kit that I received last week had no SWUs.

Aside from the "lite" qualification status, this is a different procedure from the year before, when I got both Silver and Gold in 2000 (and 2 SWUs for each packet) and then my 2001 Gold kit had 2 SWUs.

Just trying to figure out why I won't be getting SWUs for 2002 considering that I passed by "tier threshold" in the 2001 calendar year.
Old Feb 19, 02, 5:48 pm

Not that this is really new information, but it looks like only two of the posts actually deal with the "challenge" qualifications.

I qualified as Silver Preferred in November 2001 under a challenge program (fly something like 6250 miles). In early December, I received my welcome package that included 2 DMUPSYS, 2 DMUP01, Club coupon, and a membership card with an expiration date of 2/28/03.

Today I received my new preferred packaged and the only thing in it was a Club coupon (become a member and get 3 free months).
Old Feb 19, 02, 5:48 pm

The rule seems to be if you got SWUs in the second half of 2001, you don't get any now.

I qualified for silver by challenge back in June (only good through 2/2002) and then requalified by Silver Lite. I'm still waiting for my new packet, but am expecting SWUs... *crossing my fingers*

Old Feb 19, 02, 6:10 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
The Silver, Gold and Chairman's packets that arrived at my house all had SWU's in them.
Old Feb 19, 02, 6:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by syzygy8:
When you made Gold last year, was it a "renewal" or were you making it for the first time? In other words, did you get a 2001 gold kit that had SWUs and a 2002 gold kit that had SWUs?

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the SWU "dispensation procedures." I started last year as a "renewed" gold and they sent me the kit with SWUs in February/March 2001. I qualified for CP Lite later in the year and they sent me the 2001 kit in December with the SWUs. My 2002 CP kit that I received last week had no SWUs.

Aside from the "lite" qualification status, this is a different procedure from the year before, when I got both Silver and Gold in 2000 (and 2 SWUs for each packet) and then my 2001 Gold kit had 2 SWUs.

Just trying to figure out why I won't be getting SWUs for 2002 considering that I passed by "tier threshold" in the 2001 calendar year.
</font>
I was Silver and made Gold by a challenge. I flew enough in 2001 to requalify for Gold for 2002.

I think the crux of the matter is when you made your final status last year - what was the expiration date on your card? If it was 2/03 then you don't get a new package. If the expiration was 2/02 then you should get the whole package. I made Gold in Aug and was bummed that my card and status were only valid until 2/28/02. That seemed to be against what we knew the proceedure was. However, I was able to fly enough to qualify for Gold lite. In the end, it worked out for me since I was a true renewal and received the whole package.
Old Feb 19, 02, 6:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pitflyer:
The Silver, Gold and Chairman's packets that arrived at my house all had SWU's in them. </font>
I call that a straight flush. Last year it would have been a royal straight flush.

Old Feb 19, 02, 7:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Got Chairman's kit today. No club passes, no SWU's, etc. Just a letter from Wolf, & explaination about how upgrades work, etc. Last year's Chairman's kit I received in late Dec had everything included. I was hoping that I would get a second set of SWU's, but no go.
Old Feb 19, 02, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Postman-Clause was good today.

Both wife and I received SP packets today. Two DMUPSYS02s in each, two DMUP01s in each, and one US club pass in each.

As the bonus, I received 6 DMUP01s courtesy of my barely breaking the 20,000 mile marker on Feb. 2. So, clearly, the clock for threshold upgrades runs through Feb. 28.
Old Feb 20, 02, 5:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pitflyer:
The Silver, Gold and Chairman's packets that arrived at my house all had SWU's in them. </font>
Hmmmm...so, if I rent a room at your house.........
Old Feb 20, 02, 6:24 am
geo1004

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by syzygy8:
Hmmmm...so, if I rent a room at your house.........</font>
... you would live at McDonalds.

Old Feb 20, 02, 7:49 am

Programs: United 1K
I know this isnt the best way of doing this, but I first mentioned this in a response above.

Anyway - I still have a few club passes left - that expire 2/28/02. I can mail today. please only respond if you can use them, and your trip doesnt start for 2-3 days for the mail to get them to you..
Old Feb 20, 02, 7:55 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
&lt;drum rimshot for geo1004&gt;
Old Feb 20, 02, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
[email protected] info you provided on the Complimentary Club memberships for Chairman's members was apparently correct. I called the CP desk and they didn't have a clue. Then I called the Club Administration office and got a very knowledgeable person who repeated much of what you indicated in your e-mail. When I told her I had been Chairman's for 4 years running and NEVER received a comp membrship she asked for my name and CP number and asked me to give her a couple days and she'd get back to me. Well, sure enough, she just called. She said that I qualified for Chairman's for the first time in July, 1999 and would have received a complimentary membership, except I was already a Club member. Then they eliminated the across the board benefit for 2000. When they did, only those persons who had received comp memberships the previous year got it again. In addition, comp Club memberships were also extended to the top revenue customers who did not have memberships. Bottom line is that I was penalized since I was already a member when I originally qualified for Chairman's. She also told me that this year they reduced the Comp memberships to 1,000 because of the closure of some Clubs as well as the fact that folks are arriving at the airport earlier and the Clubs are crowded, so they couldn't give free memberships to more than that. She apologized for the snafu, but said there was nothing she could do under the circumstances. I'm thankful simply because at least she solved the mystery!
Old Feb 20, 02, 12:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
She also told me that this year they reduced the Comp memberships to 1,000 because of the closure of some Clubs as well as the fact that folks are arriving at the airport earlier and the Clubs are crowded, so they couldn't give free memberships to more than that. </font>
This implies that only 1000 CPs had maintained status since 1999 or were in the top revenue class for a free membership. Is the group that small? I could not upgrade on a recent flight and was told I was behind 6 other CPs so I figured the ranks have really swelled.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: